1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ilhan Omar tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 18, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. fchowd0311

Her shinning achievement was passing a Republican lite healthcare bill under a Democrat controlled house, Democrat controlled Senate and a Democrat controlled executive branch.

She is the poster child for political fundraising. She was born into it quite literally in the suburbs of Baltimore with her well established connections. Her crowning skillset is connections, not nuanced policy debate or activism, just connections. And even by objective metrics, she has failed miserably under her watch. Under her watch, all three branches of government flipped to the opposing party.

Shes nothing more than a vapid fundraising machine purely based on her connections of being born and raised in the wealthy suburbs of Baltimore. The infatuation with her is absurd.

She's not evil, she's not "bad. She's just there for the sake of holding a high position of power and retaining it.

You are so offended by me posting my opinions of Pelosi that now I'm part of an 'ilk'. Get over yourself. If you are somehow worried that I'm not going to vote in the general election if I don't get my way, don't. I'm voting against Trump regardless of who the DNC nomination is and I hope you do the same if someone like Warren or Bernie is nominated.

#422 fchowd0311, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

One of many sources now If you don’t mind I prefer not to respond to a pedo.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

There are a number of people in this subforum that are mentally ill, and the poster you are referring to is one of them.

mick fry likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Fascinating. I heard on a message board from an anonymous poster that you have a fascination with sleeping with children. It's been rumored.

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Look! ^ pretty sure he will be arrested soon.

7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And some people are all too ready to attribute things they don't like to some hypothetical Russian troll farm.

There's a lot of detail, earlier in this thread, from a Minny newspaper/media source. (My head hurt just looking at it.)

But no means is it slam-dunk clear, one way or the other, at least right now.

8. fchowd0311

Proving that Ahmed Nur Said Elmi is NOT her brother is proving a negative. There is no evidence that he is her brother and therefore in the magical right wing conspiracy nut house, a lack of evidence is evidence.

It's like saying there isn't evidence that BruceAndre did not sleep with children in the past year therefore there is a strong possibility he might have slept with children. Do you understand how absurd that logic is?

I can't prove there isn't a magical unicorn between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter therefore there is is likeyhood there might be one.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

Yeah like I said You have no idea of all other accomplishment and no idea of her motivations.

You do know that Pelosi had to have consensus on Obamacare and it was other dems who watered it down.

Some facts for you.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nancy-pelosi-obamacare-leadership_n_5bfdc95de4b030172fa7f593

The irony of this line of criticism is that Pelosi said repeatedly she was on the side of those who wanted a public option. The legislation the House passed in 2009, under her leadership, offered such a plan ― despite opposition from conservative Democrats and lobbyists from major industries, such as hospitals, that believed a public option would pay them less and thus hurt their revenue streams.

Liberals ultimately went along, said Henry Waxman, the retired California Democratic congressman who chaired the Energy and Commerce Committee at the time and one of the law’s chief authors, precisely because Pelosi had fought so hard for it earlier in the process. That gave her credibility when she said it was the best deal possible under the circumstances.

“She had very strong feelings about a public option. She said she wanted a public option, you know I am on your side. I will count all the votes, see where we are. She showed us in the caucus that the votes just weren’t there,” Waxman said.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/pelosi-obamacare-i-wanted-single-payer

10. fchowd0311

There definitely is some naivete on your account. Her conveniently "fighting for a public option" is equivalent to a GOP politician voting against Trump as a publicity stunt to show his more moderate district that he'll occasionally fight against Trump fully understanding that his or her vote won't matter at all because the rest of the GOP will still block or pass the bill.

She knew the political willpower for a public option wasn't there but knew that she could score some populist points by saying she did "fight" for it.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes, I read a blog post you linked us to earlier. It reminded me of the Seth Rich story with all the elaborate conspiratorial detail to make it look like the story is well-researched. And you can see the same pattern -- a blogger with a conspiracy theory, then an alternative news site lazily linking to the blog to report that theory exists, or else a journalist reporting that a controversy exists without actually determining when the claim is true or false, then some talking head making reference to it without vouching one way or the other, right-wingers gossiping about it on Facebook all the while half-enjoying the titillation of a scandal and half-believing it might be true. And then eventually the robustness of having many sources all saying the same thing -- even though none of them really checked the veracity of the story in the first place -- the robustness of many voices convinces people who want it to be true that it is the consensus view.

If we were to apply Occam's Razor to this subject, which would you think is the easier explanation? In fact, if you start with the idea that Russia will continue to do a disinformation campaign for the 2020 election like they did in 2016 as the CIA and FBI have told us they will do and are doing, it seems pretty obvious that Ilhan Omar would be a plump and juicy target for them. So, even if this story about marrying her brother wasn't planted by Russians, we can fully expect that they will plant some other story about her. Who better to make Americans fight than to target the progressive black Muslim woman who covers her hair and says bad things about Israel that Trump has already singled out in his re-election campaign?

(Maybe I'm wasting my time if you're going to say the Russian troll farm is "hypothetical." If you won't acknowledge that Russia used a troll farm in our 2016 election despite US intelligence saying so, I probably can't convince you they're doing it now either.)

12. Nook

Nook Member

Why is everyone making a big deal of Ilhan marrying her brother??

Rudy Giuliani married and ****ed his cousin....

I didn't hear a lot of outrage over the Governor of NY ****ing his cousin.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not that I really care about this issue, but this statement is not entirely true. yes, the claim was first made on such a message board, but there are also a fair number of people in Minnesota who have been looking at this for at least the past three or four years, e.g.,

https://alphanewsmn.com/investigation-suggests-omar-married-brother/

for what it's worth, like I said I don't really care about this issue, but I don't think it makes sense necessarily to dismiss it or trivialize it out of hand

BruceAndre likes this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s called skirting the law.

15. Nook

Nook Member

****ing your cousin isn't skirting the law, it is illegal in NY.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hell I don’t know, was it his first cousin?second? third? distant cousin twice removed? Point is Omar did it to aid in his citizenship.

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Haha. Probably not. :D

In any case, I keep referring to someone else's post from a local (MN) media source, up above. There's at least some "smoke" there.

From what I understand, the married-to-brother thing boils down to the "fact" that both Omar and one of her "husbands" had a dad(s) with the same name.

Now, is that two different people with the same name, or is it in fact one person? And I don't know if that's been determined yet -- or, indeed, if it can be determined.

18. fchowd0311

So now a message board rumor with right wing nut conspiracy theorist labeled as journalists "investigating" is good enough for you to just label at as a given fact now huh?

19. Nook

Nook Member

I'm not a fan of Ilhan-Omar.... I do respect that she had a very difficult upbringing.

Still as far as I can tell there is no proof that she married her brother. I'm not saying it is impossible.... but no proof.

As for Rudy....... his first wife was his second cousin......... he banged her for well over a decade.......

mick fry likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Fair number of Minnesotans or in other words right wing bloggers?