1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[IKO] Free Agency News (TONS OF GOOD INFO!)-Rockets "extremely confident" about Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 27, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Two names.

Dwight Howard and Chris Paul. Both guys turned down 5 years to come to Houston.

Williamson and TheRealAllpro like this.
  2. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Who has he successfully recruited?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

Chris Paul and maybe Jimmy Butler

4. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

So...the second-worst contract in the league (behind John Wall), and something that hasn't actually happened?

Yeah. I'd say there are better recruiters in the NBA than that.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

also tucker, green, faried

Williamson and don grahamleone like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 recruited tucker here :)

i believe harden made the call for green if i remember reading that somewhere correctly

faried was more of a ideal fit spot as was rivers werent they. i think they both admitted to that

7. REEKO_HTOWN

Paul recruited Tucker actually. Green had already played here before. Faried sucked.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden told tucker in the club "you're coming to HOU" -- i've read/heard this many times

don grahamleone and BigMaloe like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 was the first to make the call to tucker. this was huge in tucker turning down higher offers to come here. this has been said not only in their initial press conference but even when they reminisce on how long they've known each other

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Given how "confident" the Rox are I will never believe them ever again if they fail to land Butler. Time to put up or shut up.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know who made the first call, but harden was 100% involved in recruiting him

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

he was involved sure as he should be but the first person tucker contacted was cp3 and for well known reasons

they were both involved in recruiting iggy but that didnt work out

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

according to this harden was first...

[In fact, Harden started recruiting Tucker days after their season ended when they hung out together in Atlanta.

"Yo, you're coming to Houston," Harden told him then, according to Tucker. "We need what you do."

Tucker got the same message from Paul, whom he has known since they were AAU rivals as kids, when he reached out to his fellow North Carolina native after the Rockets pulled off the blockbuster trade. Tucker told Paul then that he was intrigued by Houston.]

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_...ames-harden-pitches-built-houston-rockets-nba

mikol13 and biff17 like this.
  14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

There’s something about people taking ownership that has them succeed/play their hearts out. They play for the fans and their families.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s crazy because Daryl (Morey, the Rockets’ general manager) came up to me after the game (on Tuesday) and was talking about when my trade happened and I had a chance to opt in (to his contract). That’s what gave us the ability to get Tuck. I was at Tyson Chandler’s house when Tuck hit me and said he was thinking about coming here. I was like ‘definitely.’

He was like ‘I’m serious. We are trying to get you.’ So when the day came and we were actually on the phone and I was telling him the story then he was like ‘oh really.’ Then Chris called the day before, it kind of just blew together. There were some things going on. They had things on and I had things going on. and when things finally came together it made sense for me.”

16. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Anyone have that shopped Big 3 image of Harden, Paul, and Jimmy?

matchesmalone likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya so this also confirms harden was first then, when he hung out with tuck "days after their season ended"

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden can be the first to say youre coming to houston. doesn't mean he's the reason. cp3 is a much bigger reason he's here. end of the day doesn't really matter. you can believe harden is the reason if you want to but the relationship bw tuck and him speaks for itself

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cp3 can be the second to say you're coming to houston, doesn't mean he's the reason. harden is a significant reason tucker's here... :D

RichieBanks likes this.
  20. Rasheed

Rasheed Member