1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[IKO] Free Agency News (TONS OF GOOD INFO!)-Rockets "extremely confident" about Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, God........if Elaine from "Seinfeld" were unattractive, this would be her dance.

"I'm a good dancer..........aren't I, Jerry? Jerry?"
    (can't contain himself any longer) "YOU STINK! YOU STINK!"

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

While I'm still not convinced this is happening, one thing I'll point out as a positive:

"Extremely confident" is the language the Rockets put out there about CP3 leading up to the trade for him.

@Clutch @The Cat

The Cat, J Sizzle and Vivi like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Seriously is there a better recruiter in the nba then Harden?

Reeko likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

:D

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It works for opt in for sure, just not sure on the SnT because I havent followed those restrictions as heavily.

None the less, Gordon could be moved I'm optimistic about even betting a good return. Hell sacremento may be inclined to take both.

6. JW86

JW86 Member

I get why Faried was frustrated given how we lacked energy and rebounding, but we don’t need a guy who cannot play defense and has issues with MDA.

JuNx and FrontRunner like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In an opt in and trade scenario everything works. I want that scenario so bad lol.

A SnT brings on the hard cap. Assuming Butler wants his max (which clearly he would in that scenario) there's almost no mathematical way to keep Gordon and add an MLE piece.

After Butler, Harden and CP3 (assuming you keep Hart and Clark since they are minimum guys) you could have $12 million or so in other real salary before you needed minimums only. That could be PJ Tucker + 1 MLE guy but if you kept Gordon it would nearly impossible to field a roster.

Corrosion and treyk3 like this.
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We are good mane... ALL ABOARD.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Podcast incoming!

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Breh the Warriors have 2 "MVPs", a all-star 3 and D shooting guard, and two all-star DPOYs.

And on top of that, they always have a goon like Zaza/Bogut/Looney guarding the rim and grabbing boards. If we lose Capela we have.... Hartenstein?

I'm interested in this move happening, I believe in Morey's ability to shore up the roster... I THINK. The last few years he has continued to disregard the need for PFs and Cs.

In other words, yeah let's roll the dice. But gotta put in some work even after this move.

BallSoHarden and LFE171 like this.
  11. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

So does anybody care to share what the article said about DeAndre Jordan?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I may need to start paying for the Athletic. I keep hearing good things about it.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Capela is better than Jordan who is declining and doesn't play big minutes anymore

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

he averaged 31 mpg in 50 games for the Mavs last year...he averaged 26 minutes after being traded to the Knicks, but that was a tanking team looking to give Mitchell Robinson more minutes

15. KellyUnchained

I’d disagree on this. I’ve given praise where it’s due, but also criticism. They weren’t particularly pleased with the EG quotes after the Jazz blowout, and the Bzdelik mystery, but they were fair points I raised. Houston played really well after the break and into the playoffs. Game 5&6 were weird, and I described them as best as I could.

16. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

I have a question. Do we the Rockets have the Biannual exception this coming year? I think last time we used it was on Tarik Black.

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well now I feel like a dick lol. I meant it as a compliment! I have a subscription to the athletic and the only reason is to read your articles. Keep doing what you're doing man, appreciate your work.

18. KellyUnchained

No worries my man! Appreciate it

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Butler had come last summer, we could have done something. Now I fear he is too late.

20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

There was an article a few months ago about how happy Faried was to be here and to be playing for MDA. Sorry it all went south, but that's what I feared.