1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] An ode to Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 18, 2019.

1. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Bunch of losers here. Instead of appreciating what CP3 did for the Rockets, they attack hima nd his contract

Listen up - IT'S NOT YOUR MONEY and it didn't hamper the ROCKETS. He led us to the closest we have been to NBA finals in over 20 years

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's just like.. his opinion, man.

ipaman likes this.
  3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There a many threads to dump on CP3. No need to do it in this one.

D-rock, tmactoyao, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I'm so sick of all the shots taken at Chris Paul.

A lot of fans do not realize how important Paul was to the Rockets rise the last two seasons.

The guy joined and we won 65 games and were an injury away from beating one of the greatest teams ever.

Defensively he was arguably the most important player on the court. He kept Harden disciplined. Chris made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and even at his size, he could defend guys like Durant on the switch.

He almost never turned the ball over, he shot well, he hit free throws and he never caused any problems.

The guy is at worst one of the 5 greatest point guards to live.

"His contract!".......... The Rockets just dealt Paul and his contract for someone with an ever longer/bigger contract.

I hope the trade works out well for the Rockets, but the bashing of Paul is ridiculous..... hell if not for Paul, it is possible Harden would be out of here by now.

letterZshift, Deuce, D-rock and 23 others like this.
  5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I actually really liked CP3 individually. As a player and a Rocket. I didn't care for the b****ing at the officials or the size of the contract but my beef was minor.

The reason I'm looking forward to seeing what Westbrook can do is because I believe that basketball, more than any other sport, is about chemistry within the team on the court. If Paul's "little man" syndrome finally got under JHs skin–JH who appears to be one of the most unflappable stars in the league IMHO–then it was time for CP3 to go.

When I look at the board I don't actually see to many people saying "good riddance." What I see, myself included, are a bunch of diehard Rockets fans trying justify the trade and move on in our own way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

been sick of it but good to see the usuals around here with the same mentality

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you apparently, since it made you post in here

hakeem94 and bilaal14 like this.
  9. onreego

onreego Member

Well said.

I get being a fan and wanting your team to succeed without having to worry about things like contract negotiations, luxury tax, etc. but how could you not respect Paul as a player. Not only did he choose Houston to come to, but he also put it all out there to try to win one for this city. He made this place home and did more than just play some basketball for this city. I wanted him to win and I wanted him to win here. It was disappointing to see him get traded.

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

The same could be said about the relentless bashing of Westbrook who hasn’t even put his jersey on yet. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. There’s plenty of guys I didn’t like before they became rockets, but I have nothing but love for current and former rockets. People need to get over it. It’s ****ing sad and they should be embarrassed.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

why should it apply to westbrook? hes done absolutely nothing for houston. The significant concern over his fit is a valid question

no idea how what nook said about cp3 has anything to do with westbrook. it doesn't

HP3 likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Duly noted.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think these are Tilman fans. Fans here just blame anyone and everything as reasons we didn't win in 2018, Tilman, Paul, Harden, and everyone else.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Don’t care. Glad he’s gone!

15. tmoney1101

You don’t have to take everything I say as a personal shot and doubt nook needs you to defend him.

I quoted his post (and dropped a like) because he was talking about people bashing a guy who played well here and didn’t deserve it. I was agreeing with him. Westbrook doesn’t deserve it either. We have no idea what he’s going to look like on our team yet. I’m talking about all the people who are using the terms CP0 and westbrick and think it’s clever. It’s childish and annoying and it drags down the quality of the site.

There’s no need to be defensive I never hold grudges, especially with people on the internet I don’t agree with.

#55 tmoney1101, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    blahblehblah, BleedsRocketRed and HP3 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

why I would i take it personal? I didn't. idc about defending him. it was a question where the logic didn't apply to both sides but obviously somewhere it related to you

westbrook absolutely deserves to be questioned. you don't need him putting on a rockets jersey to see what an 11 year player who struggles in areas the rockets highlight is a questionable fit. There's nothing wrong with having significant concern over that whatsoever

if you're talking about straight hate, I haven't seen much of that. anyone who doesn't like the move is concerned about the fit and not making it personal just like a lot of these cp3 clowns

#56 YOLO, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  17. tmoney1101

He’s not talking to people breaking down cp on a reasonable logic based level. He’s talking about straight up haters. Which we’ve seen over the past couple weeks for both players. I’m talking about the same thing.

You’re bringing up another thread where I said I didn’t see the point in bringing up literally every single negative aspect of his game before we see what he’s going to look like in a completely different system. The concerns and criticisms folks aren’t who I was referring to in the post above.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes done a lot already just by wanting to come here

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you mean the people that want to keep their wb's criticisms as a player consistent? not everyone is just going to change their view within the snap of the fingers just because he dawns another jersey. if hes a bad shooter/inefficient player etc in one jersey, we can definitely question how that'll work in another

I have yet to see the same wb "hate" to the level of what cp3 has been getting since he got traded.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. he didn't really have much of a choice. its not like harden didn't want butler first and then up until what a week ago, oh hey lets play together westbrook since pg13 left you lol