1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ignore List

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cranberry_Juice, Oct 7, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hotballas disagrees with Morey. Larsv8 morey is life

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That's an understatement...he is still furiously defending Mchale and Morey :eek:

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This. "I COULD care less" makes absolutely no sense.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sure it does. Assume that the scale of caring is 1-10. 10 is that you are a rabid Rockets' fan and live and die with every game. 1 is that you have no idea who the Rockets are. 5 is a band wagoner. The guy who has no idea about the Rockets, "couldn't" care less about how they do in the playoffs. The band wagoner, "could" care less. There are a lot of things I "could" care less about.

#104 bobrek, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Yes, but when that term is being used it is about the relevant subject.

For example, I couldn't care less about what Lebron James had for breakfast this morning. This suggests that I am at the lowest level of caring possible.

Someone who is using it incorrectly would say, "I could care less about what Lebron James is having for breakfast." Which suggests his level for caring is not at its lowest point, when he is actually trying to say he couldn't care any less than he currently does.

People say "I could care less" when they actually mean "I couldn't care less" and this is what he is referring to as not making sense.

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

That poster is the only poster I have on my ignore list. Whenever he is quoted I am reminded why he is on my ignore list. He is easily the worst and most obnoxious poster on the entire BBS except for maybe rudan but he doesn't post enough.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't have anyone on my ignore list but if I would put one, it'd definitely be larsv8 the delusional no basketball knowledge kool aid drinker

However, I read his posts for the lolzzzzzzz and then thank my family and God that I can't be that stupid when it comes to analyzing basketball especially Morey and McHale nor can I be such a delusional homer

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can ignore someone without using the list

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why is this thread empty?

;)

DD

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i could care less, but then i'd have to care more about it to care so little

i couldn't care less, i have no idea at what depth caring starts but i'm there already

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST!!!!

I kid...I kid.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't ignore anyone, but if I were to do so a good 50% of your list would be on mine.

Though a good chunk of that is the Lin crazies who have mostly dissapeared.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I forget why I have a member on ignore and instead of looking up why I did it in the first place, I'll take them off, figuring that if I can't recall the reason, then why bother? Must not have been that big a deal. Then there are members like basso, who I have on ignore due to his endless threads and posts in D&D, threads and posts that are largely absurd, or worse. I'm hoping that this post will end up in the list he made earlier. Most of the members on my list are there due to a post or posts in the GARM.

I wish we could make our ignore lists forum specific, mentioning it in Feedback in the past.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol at your ignore list. Basically anyone who is objective, anyone who puts forth critical analysis, and anyone who doesn't share your blind homerism is on your ignore list. I guess this is what a person has to resort to when they have no way of defending Maury, McFail, and Le$ anymore, smh. Living in your own world must be nice. For the record, I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basically ignores anyone that disagrees with him. Huge insecurity and denial issues.

1 person likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I must be on your ignore list :(.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's not a bad thing.
    Theres less flaming on the boards now at least.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have this list reserved for extremely rude and borderline racist posters.

Total: 1 or 2 those who bother me really, nothing personal, all interweb persona

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, not really. There are plenty of people who I completely disagree with that aren't on my ignore list. Leebigz, Carl Herrera for basketball, and some of the right wingers in D&D: Commodore, Basso, Bobbythegreat.

The people who make my ignore list are the ones who can't make a coherent argument, consistently say dumb ****, talk with emotion and frustration rather than reason, and trolls.

You for example. I mean seriously, if you held yourself accountable for some of your basketball positions, to the same standard you hold the organization, it would be quite humorous.

-Rudy Gay, greatest basketball player ever!
    -Larry Sanders, what a great contract!
    -We could have built around Tyreke Evans!

And to be perfectly honest, I don't really mind that you are consistently wrong about just about everything. You really can't control how you are capable of perceiving basketball gamesmanship. It is admittedly extremely complex, and I expect most people to have the subtleties of the game slip by them. Its the fact that you are so smug and disrespectful about it. At first I thought you were a troll, but now I am not so sure.

Even that doesn't really get me, the thing that gets me the most about you is that I have never EVER, not a single time, seen you show any sort of enthusiasm about the team whatsoever. No "Go Rockets" in the game thread, no "I am excited about the Rockets season" in some off season discussion.

You may be right though. Some folks who "Basically anyone who is objective, anyone who puts forth critical analysis, and anyone who doesn't share your blind homerism is on your ignore list." may have ended up on my ignore list.

Not you though. You are just a ****ty poster.