1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy or Granger???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deleah09, May 11, 2010.

1. Htown's2kFinest

iggy is an ironman, he doesn't miss games just like scola. if martin were to go down iggy could easily slide over to the 2 guard n have Ariza, Battier, or Bud play the 3. also he is another guy that can get us in the penalty much quicker just like with lowry n martin cuz he gets to the line a lot too.

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

Granger hands down easy

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Has to be AI because whomever is the starting SF alongside Brooks/Martin has to be able to guard the other teams best perimeter player.

4. deleah09

deleah09 Member

i agree totally iggy does play how ariza should play

5. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Iggy, mostly for the D and all around skills which seem to be a better fit than another lead-the-team-in-scoring player. Also, weren't there quite a few rumors about the Rox pursuing him back before the deadline? Maybe it's got a chance to happen...

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rockets were going to consider it if the 76ers were willing to just salary dump him. If they actually want something for that albatross contract, i want no part of it. He just makes too much money for his actual game impact. He's better than Ariza, but not substanially better. He can't shoot. How many freaking scorers do you guys want, there's only one basketball. If you want him for his defense, we could get a good defensive player a lot cheaper.

Brooks can create
    Martin can create
    Yao can Create
    Scola can create
    Lowry can create

That's not even throwing in the potential Bosh acquisition, we don't need offense.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think you are a little confused on what "creating" is.

8. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

danny G hands down!!!

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Repped for the pokemon reference. Gotta' catch 'em all ;)

To the OP, that's a lot of assumptions

10. hm70

hm70 Member

I prefer Iggy over Granger :)

11. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

well until you show me proof that Iguodala is the better defender or is the overall better player (by showing me stats or videos) then i'm gonna assume you're gonna continue to speak based off of opinion rather than facts. :rolleyes:

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There are no real proof when it comes to defense. Theres some random stats, but they rarely tell the whole story. It is always objective.

The facts are: Ariza gambles often which leads to alot of steals, but also alot of wide open dunks and layups for the other team. So when he gets the ball away from the other team, that is really good D. But when he misses and the other team gets a wide open dunk, then that is really bad D.

He also doesn't rotate very well and doesnt commit 100% to defense by closing out. That is not necesarily bad, but is definately not good.

He has the physical tools to do an outstanding job playing great lock down D on a player for a whole game, but we only see it for maybe half the game. An elite defender is always in the right spot, denying the ball to certain players, so on and so forth. It is more than just doing it some of the time.

13. MONON

MONON Member

I prefer Granger, but I think Iggy is more available.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Try watching the game and watch iggy on his rotations and his straight up man defense vs granger. Watch how he keeps people in front of him and slides his feet. Go you tube games, not highlights. I've watched both play alot and not when they play the rockets.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I agree, but i think ariza suffered like all the other players suffered by having no one at the rim. Guys would beat shane and get layups and easy baskets where in the past yao was somewhere around the basket. Its hard to break habits that you've been accustomed to for so long.You shade to funnel inside to the help, but without yao, there is no one there and the guy gets uncontested shots. Like I said all summer long, the key to the rockets defense was yao, not shane and people argued with me. Well this year proved it and until they get another guy who can contest shots at the rim, their defense will be subpar.