1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy or Granger???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deleah09, May 11, 2010.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I want to keep Ariza, but if we have to loose Battier, Chuck,Lowry etc
    then get Granger. :p

2. Chamillionaire

granger. if we could go after him instead of bosh, i would.

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

The fact that I completely agree with you makes me think I may be wrong. ;)

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like granger and hae watched him alot, but he's in the rudy gay mold. Thats not a bad thing, its just a thing. Iggy isnt a 3pt shooter, but he's a capable shooter inside the arc. He's a great defender, really good passer and decision maker,good rebounder, and big shot maker. Not to mention he plays every game. Granger misses chunks like martin and yao. Do u really want another 60 game per season player?

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

With AB and Martin in the backcourt? Iggy. Without one of those two? Granger by a mile.

6. WillG

WillG Member

I agree

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Ohh come on r u serious... It's Granger dude

8. Shane4president

I would have to say Granger cause of his Defense but Iggy would be fun to see with Brook and Martin in the back court! Ill stick with Granger just cause of his 3 point shooting! Man I wish we could get 1 of them instead of chasing Bosh! :rolleyes:

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Me too, dude has amazing range.

10. leebigez

Granger is nowhere close to the defender iggy is. He scores more because he shoots alot more. Iggy plays every game, is a walking triple double. How many guys can give you almost 20ppg almost 7 rebs and 6.5 asst along with almost 2 steals and a 2:1 asst/to ratio? Granger is a gunner and I'm not saying it as a negative, but the guy shoots 7 3's a game.

11. NMS is the Best

This thread is worthless because the Pacers are not trading Granger

12. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

ok so his actual stats are: 17.1 ppg 6.5 rpg 5.8 apg 1.7 spg. you pretty much rounded pretty high up for every single one of his stats. you claim iggy is a superior defender compared to Granger yet if you look at the stats, iggy only averages .2 more steals per game than Granger and Granger averages .1 more blocks per game. I know stats don't show everything, but considering Granger has to carry a far worse team than Iggy does, for him to still average close to 25ppg and still be just as good as Iggy at the defensive end, i don't see how you can argue that we'd need Iggy. Granger is a better 3pt shooter, ft shooter, taller, bigger, really doesn't have a large flaw in his game. Iggy's jumpshot wouldn't work in our system because when Yao comes back Iggy will have to hit the 3s and he's just not good at knocking them down.

13. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Fun fact. Both players received votes in SI's player poll for most overrated player.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,we need a center as a backup and possibly as a replacement for Yao. I wish Martin could defend but he is slight and doesn't make an effort. RA will have to come down hard on him to play on both ends. Ariza and Battier will have to help him out.

15. amaru

amaru Member

I think we found our starting small forward!

;)

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm surprised there hasn't been the proverbial "but they're not winners" post. Weird how some player has to be a winner for the Rockets to get them. Yet no problem for others.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like Iggy because he plays how Ariza should. I would definately consider Ariza + Jeffries + 2 Knick picks for Iggy.

Brooks / Lowry
    Martin / Budinger
    Iggy / Battier
    Scola / Hill / Hayes
    Yao / ( Udoh / HW / Orton)

Not quite a lock for a ring, but definately a contender.

18. leebigez

I'm not talking about averaging .7 less in this defensive category, Iggy is a far better defender. Iggy is a better passer. Iggy makes clutch plays and shots. Yes granger averaged 24,but he also shot 6 more times a game.

Not trying to inoke yao in the conversation,but he has nothing to do with this. Some of you posters act like yao gets doubled all the time and he doesnt. Go watch utah play or lakers play the rockets and you wont see double team. Thats besides the point anyway. Iggy does alot and impacts the game from more angles. Granger is kein martin. Granger shoots 7 threes a game and is in a suit for 20 of those games. I prefer the more rounded and durable iggy to granger. I like granger, but his durability and reliance on the 3 ball is a concern for me.

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Durability is an important consideration for me, so I would take Igoudala by a country mile.

20. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

That dude definitely won't quit on the team