1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were stranded on a desert island.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

and had to stay there the next 25 years, what are three things you would want to have on the island to keep you happy and sustained for this length of time. Let's say the conditions are perfect (temperature, plentiful seafood in surrounding waters and some land animals and plants, a freshwater lake on the island, plenty of wood and caves for shelter, etc.) but you have no electricity or any way of getting any so appliances, televisions, radios, etc. are useless. What would you want? The thing is my psychology AND sociology teacher asked my classes this question and I couldn't come up with any response, NOT ONE!

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

A soul mate that plays piano.

A soft bed.

A piano.

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

1) An endless supply of beautiful women.
    2) An endless supply of delicious food.
    3) A computer with a cable connection.

1 for obvious reasons. 2 for obvious reasons. 3 because you can watch TV, download movies, songs, games, etc. Its a full entertainment package.

4. Lil Pun

Ummm...there's no electricity so you cannot have a computer.

5. Lil Pun

The three things mean a thing each, you cannot have an endless supply of something because that would be more than three things. Sorry I didn't make it clearer. :(

6. Nomar

Nomar Member

My reading skills need a little work i see, :rolleyes:

A beautiful woman who was also a survival expert, could work the flint and sticks for fire, etc.

I second the soft bed.

A Hatchet.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

1. A pair of ice skates.
    2. Vollyball...preferably a Wilson.
    3. A portable outhouse.

8. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

LOL

9. The Voice of Reason

Wilson.. awsome

anyway

i would start with a swiss army knife. they are damn usefull, and you could build any shelter, tool, or hunting implament you would ever need with it. also they have that nifty lifetime warenty, so Viqtrinox would replace it if something broke( i know, its an island.. joke) After the swiss army knife i think the next thing would be another person. for me a woman of wit and intelligance, however thats just me. and since i must STAY on the island for 20 years i will pass on the sextant and such, and just go with a 24 inch or larger telescope as the lack of light pollution would be great, and there is an awful lot to look at up there. alot to talk about, and well i would like to see as deeply into it as possible.

any other questions?

10. Timing

Timing Member

Hmm... a hunting knife, a big box of matches, and Tyra Banks. :cool:

11. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Boat is an obvious answer, but I suppose defeated by the 25 years thing.

Beautiful young woman
    Solar Power Generator
    Television

If the generator/tv wasn't allowed, I'd want a good, soft bed and a flint and steel set. I'll be damned if I am going to start a fire rubbing 2 sticks together.

12. The Voice of Reason

its actually quite easy starting a fire with sticks if you know what you are doing. and that fling and stell would be worn to dust after say a year or two of constant ust... so looks like you rubbinn sticks anyway :)

13. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

If you were stranded on a deserted island, and had to stay there the next 25 years, what are three things you would want to have on the island to keep you happy and sustained for this length of time?

Without reading the other responses, which would influence mine, I would say:

1. My wife. She's smart, easy to look at, and a hard worker. I wouldn't say she's the "ideal Jane", but she's mine. :D
    2. A good thick magnifying glass. Good for getting fires started when it's not raining.
    3. A Bible.

I would actually like it, I think.

14. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I'll start with:

[​IMG]

Then move on to:

[​IMG]

Then I'll finish with:

[​IMG]

#14 Hottoddie, Nov 4, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2001
  15. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Hottoddie,

They'd probably nag you to death before you even got remotely close to even seeing one of them naked. :(

Think about it: Three prissy spoiled stuck up women. I mean, I wouldn't want to spend 25 yrs with 3 down-to-earth women on a deserted island... well, maybe, but definitely not three spoiled actresses.

16. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

That's a chance that I'm willing to take. :D

17. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Short answer

1.Tim Wakefield
    2.Lisa Malosky
    3.Walt Williams

Detailed answer

1.Jane Wiedlin's guitar pick-Given to me by the lady herself, it has always had a special place in my life. Not just because it is idol memorabilia but for myself it signifies fabulous memories and serendipitous occurances.

2.Antoinette Healy's beach pass-A great deal of my summer was spent goofing around with my best friend at her occupation. While at work she had to wear said id, so of course I would always take it from her. Now, being the person that she is, once the beach closed for the season I was given the pass. Whenever I travel to a destination the pass is along my side. It isn't solely because of her but that it screams passion and merriment. Something which should never be forgotten.

3.Tie Clip-I haven't discovered what this means to me yet. It was just a silver tie clip I owned that because of a pesky desk had its link broken. Since its untimely demise I have attached it to my wallet and another co-pilot became. Numerous times I've tried to put a definition to the clip, my results have not been successful. There in lies why it has my company though, for a solution will arise.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Who else thinks DEANBCURTIS would have one boring ass time if he went with his detailed answer.

j/k dean

19. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

1. A print version of the cc.net archives
    2. A really hot chick (I need to thing of whom exactly though)
    3. A soft bed

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Having been born and raised on islands...

1. Paper & Pencils to last 25 years
    2. The latest edition of the Britannica Concise
    3. My guitar

My body will adjust to any environment and my soul is already set, so keeping my mind active would be my most important effort.

RR