1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Morey...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets_12, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

What would you do this off-season and why?

For me I would examine all possibilities. First we can sign nobody, with the exception of Garcia. We can sign CP3, Dwight, or both (one via S&T). We can sign Millsap or Josh Smith. We could also trade for Pau Gasol. Personally, if I were Morey, I would sign Dwight then trade Lin and Omer for Chris Paul in a S&T. With any money left, I would sign Dorell Wright and Timofey Mosgov for depth at their retrospective positions. I would do this because well, I mean, who wouldn't want a CP3, Harden, and Howard trio? If the chemistry worked well, we'd be instant championship contenders.

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

These scenarios require realism or anything? Things Morey would WANT to do, or things Morey could plausibly pull off? ex: I see almost no reason why LAC would agree to a SnT of Asik and Lin for CP3 after we have signed Dwight.

3. psman2

psman2 Member

CP3 would need a third team to use as leverage against the Clips that he could sign with. With Dwight off the market I don't see another team that would scare the Clips into agreeing to a SnT with the Rockets. So Clips would just hold out and CP3 would more than likely sign back with them.

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Agreed. SnT w/ LAC for CP3 is near impossible once we have already signed Dwight. Same is probably true if we somehow signed CP3 instead of Dwight (highly unlikely). No leverage to force LAC to do the SnT, much less for a package they would not be excited about (already have Bledsoe, already have DJordan...would have to try to move some of the pieces they got in the SnT).

5. rocketfaithful

first off you trade donotas and Royce white for a late second rounder and draft Seth Curry with the pick. the value of donotas would basically be cancelled by Royce leaving a late second as all we would get or we may even have to give up a second. then you sign Dwight to max. next I would sign and trade for josh smith. I would give josh smith around ten million and give them Lin and Asik. and since I think we would still have their loyalty you sign Garcia and brooks back to contracts.

Starting Lineup

Brooks/Beverly( I love Beverly but feel brooks is built like a starter and Beverly is a six man)
    Harden/Seth Curry(or whatever we could get, hopefully better but I like shooters)
    Parsons/Garcia
    Smith/Jones/T Rob(I'm afraid we are going to have to trade donotas because T Rob has no more value)
    Howard/Jones/Smith(if we can keep him depending on how the dumping of Royce and donotas contracts pan out dollar wise)

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If I were Morey the first thing I would do is lose weight.

4 people like this.
  7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

1. Decline all the team options and waive the non-guarantees
    2. Give a team a draft pick to take White off our hands
    3. Sign Dwight Howard
    4. S&T Asik + T-Rob for Josh Smith, who Harden & Howard have convinced to take a feasible pay-cut
    5. Draft Erick Green to be 3rd string guard
    6. Resign Garcia
    7. Reach out to seasoned vets who want to win a ring and sign on the cheap (Rip Hamilton, Jermaine O'Neal)

Lin/Bev/Green
    Harden/Rip
    Parsons/Garcia
    Smith/Jones/Motiejunas
    Howard/O'Neal

8. ???
    9. Win title, return of "Clutch City"

8. allaroundplayer

He will be watching the NBA Finals to scout Ginobili because that is the free agent who fits best analyzing the Rockets current roster.

The Spurs will be looking to add Josh Smith or Al Jefferson, so the Rockets can easily over pay them.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nice.

10. psman2

psman2 Member

Ok here is my attempt at being Morey.

SnT for Dwight. Dump all of our extra salary on the Lakers. Sent Asik, Lin, TRob, and White to the Lakers for Dwight. Lakers get a mix of good and bad contracts but enough to entice them to make the deal versus getting nothing in return.

That would leave us with approx. 18 million in salary space, plus the use of the room exception. Now we can sign a few players and not worry about the other teams agreeing to a SnT or trying to salary dump other players.

Sign Josh Smith to 4/48 million contract.
    Sign JJ. Redick to 4/20 millin contract.
    Use the room exception on Dunleavy or Garcia
    Hopefully bring in to Vets willing to sign for minimum to chase rings. Maybe Brand can give us some minutes at C.

I think Redick would be the perfect backcourt partner with Harden. He has increased his passing and PnR skills the past few years. He is the perfect off the ball player next to the ball dominant Harden. He can split his time at PG with Harden and SG with Beverley.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If I was Morey I would get some of Dream's toenails and use my genius and make a younger cloan of him and sign him to a 5 year minimum deal contract.

12. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

These threads are annoying

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

get an actual power forward my coach is willing to play...

14. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

If I were Muray thou shall not worship false Chinese Idols
    And thou shall add the Book Of MoneyBall to the Bible
    Thou shall make fun of extensions thou shall obtain assets too
    If I were Morey that's what I'd do Heavens no

HELL YEAH

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would sign Dwight because obviously

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I would go on vacation with my significant other, preferably somewhere
    in the Swiss Alps or the French Riviera or perhaps visit Bavaria....;)
    Get er done Morey!!!!

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Do my job as the GM of the Houston Rockets

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Decline Garcia.
    Decline delfino.
    Decline olbrecht.
    Decline Anderson.
    Trade t.rob/white/$2.1 mill for an early 2nd.
    Draft a sg.
    Draft a sf.
    Sign Dwight.
    Sign A cheap Wing like bellineli.
    Bring back brooks at vet min.
    Bring over furkan a.

Lineup
    Lin/Beverly/brooks
    Harden/bellinelli/drafted sg
    Parsons/bellineli/drafted sf
    Dmo/tjones/smith/furkan
    Dwight/asik/smith/furkan

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

If I were Morey I would sign up into this board and shut most you up... LOL

20. albuster

albuster Member

How about this as the first order of things for Morey?