1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by willwmc, Feb 2, 2014.

?

If you were Morey: Sell High on Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes, Sell

267 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No, Keep through out contract

185 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

LOL. You a troll or what? The only people on that list who are DEFINITIVELY better than Lin at this time given equal share of the ball are:

Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Curry, Parker, and Rondo. That's what, 6 out of "a handful of" 30 teams? You think given the same reigns, Lin wouldn't be putting up similar numbers as any of the others players on that list? Yeah, let's put Dragic, Wall, and Lowry next to Harden and see how their numbers change. I feel like my IQ drops every time I visit clutchfans and see downright idiotic posts such as these.

2. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Player development not being one of Houston's strengths is a huge understatement. The games of many of Houston's players, including Harden, Howard, and Beverley have actually REGRESSED since before they came to Houston. Harden posted much more efficient numbers at OKC, along with being a good teammate and sharing the ball. He now ISOs like there's no tomorrow, only looking to "get his," with zero trust of his teammates, and with a significant decline in efficiency. We all know of Howard's struggles here; dude wasn't even an all-star starter, which is a joke. Bottom line is: Kevin McHale is not a good basketball coach.

3. jms99

jms99 Member

I've heard statisticians comment on players they've never seen play before. They just crunched numbers. Often, they make good analyses. Things that I would never even think of. I would certainly listen to what some statisticians have to say, especially about general patterns about teams.

That's fine if you disagree with my assessment. I just threw it out there because that's what I feel and many other people feel as well. I do think it's debatable, and it's definitely possible that I'm wrong. I can't see what the Rockets or Spurs are doing every day and compare the two over several years. It would be ludicrous for me to say I know for sure 100% without having any knowledge of how they develop their players. I'm going by what I see during actual games and stats. So, yes, I could be wrong. This is pure opinion, I admit.

4. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Howard regressed? What kind of r****ded comment is this? We are talking about a guy that is finally coming back properly from back surgery. His numbers are completely up from last season. The guy is PROGRESSING, not regressing. Harden posted much more efficient numbers and was better at sharing because he played less as a 6th man as opposed to being the primary option AND he had better players to share the ball with. When we have a Durant or Westbrook on our team, then come back and spout off. Parsons has improved each and every year as well. Bev definitely did not regress either. Same can be said about TJones and D-Mo who have only gotten better. Casspi is also completely different from when he rode the pine in Cleveland. Heck, even Lin can be said to have "improved" from last year. I can agree that coaching staff needs improvement, but to say that we regressed is just idiocy IMO. The only player on our team that obviously regressed was Garcia.

6. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

post like this one really piss me off...

acting like you had Dragic and let him go for Lin...

nice revisionist history....

no you lost Dragic before you even offered the poison pill contract to Lin

I remember because I was laughing my head off at the Rox for losing both their point guards within what seemed like a day of each other...

1 person likes this.
  7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Numbers are used to validate intuition and experience. I have zero respect for "analysts" who mouth off without seeing players actually play. People regularly exceed numbers and numbers can never take in the full scope of the game and all the factors that can change things at any given time. There is a reason why there are no perfect stats.

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

for people who talk like they know so much about basketball...

im wondering where your common sense is....

when Lin was signed this team was being blown up to get Howard...

OR go lottery until 2015 where Lin and Asik had expiring contracts

you were lucky to get Harden and Howard...

so the time line has changed...

but I see so many posters acting as if you were not blowing up the team

9. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

We all know you're one of the inbred LOH trolls on this crappy forum but I'll humor myself here. Howard absolutely has not improved from before. How are his numbers better than last year, when he was injured? His PPG and RPG numbers are the exact same as when he had a TORN SHOULDER. Not trolling here, seriously wondering if you're able to read or comprehend numbers. Howard still has not post game despite being "taught" by olajuwan and coached by mchale. Again, Houston's poor ability to develop players cannot be overstated here.

Second, Harden has been much, much less efficient and much less of a team player than when he played at OKC. Don't give me that nonsense of "oh, he had durant and westbrook." Harden is a 24 yo kid who needs guidance to improve, and he certainly hasn't had that here. We have one of the worst coaches in the league letting him do whatever he wants on the floor, and his crappy FG%, high TOV% reflects the poor decision-making that he makes with impunity.

And Bev? LOL his numbers are absolute garbage, and if you're telling me he's doing better than or even equal to last year, you need to see a shrink. He's been sucking this year, period, and our incompetent coach staff, defended to the death by dregs of America in Houstonians such as yourself, hasn't done anything to change that.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The moment you group a Rockets fan as a LoH, I lost any reason I had of even entertaining your no doubt hilarious response. Ignored and probably better for both of us that I did. I will say this though, unlike you and people like you, I have watched the Rockets long before we got a ring. I was here before Lin and I will certainly be here after Lin.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOF's gonna LOF.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It's cute when people think they know what they are talking about.

13. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

It's cute when people on this forum have zero logical or statistical backing for the nonsense they spout on this forum.

The reason I'm in this forum is to lol @ the crappy way the rockets' organization is being run. With the amount of talent the rockets have, we can easily be top 3 in the league, right there with the heat and thunder, if things are run correctly. If Mchale and co are able to play the rockets' core to even near potential, we have a chance at the championship. But as it is, we're #5 in the West and underachieving hardcore. There's definitely a limited window for mchale to figure this out, given Dwight's ambivalent personality. Playing a starting 5 of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, and Howard is championship contender material, regardless of the bench, which we can always improve.

But again, as it is, the coaching staff is balls, and it's being enabled by the dregs of society called majority of houston fans. Instead of looking in the mirror for change, the idiots here spout illogical and often racist nonsense that fail to help the team. Just lol.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

wow, just stop posting rofl

15. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Lin is pretty much a back-up point guard. he's being wasted so being traded to a team that will play him the minutes is deserved. Probably it will be the bobcats or Kings. THat is my hunch

16. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

actually the poster makes some good points. My question is what is your beef with the guy? i don't agree with everything he said, but he is right about Lin not getting minutes and ball distribution rights

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Since LOFs are so staunch in their opinion that Lin's failings are all because of Harden, I decided to see if this was the case.

Anyway. This year when Harden's not on the court, Lin is averaging 17.5 points/5.5 assists per-36 on 48% shooting(.60 TS%). In comparison, Dragic is 21 points/6.3 assists per-36 on 51% shooting(.61 TS%). And mind you, I haven't bothered to take Eric Bledsoe out of the equation either. Those are Dragic's numbers for the entire season, including many minutes with a ball-hogging backcourt mate.

At some point, stop looking for excuses, LOFs. You guys really sound like Fox News here with your full on blaming of everyone.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He makes zero good points.

Its the same recycled LOF whine fest garbage.

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

sell high..

20. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

trade lin for a bag of chips!