1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were Les, after last season's debacle...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vlaurelio, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Would you? Please choose the first thing you'll do or at least the closest thing to it and explain

1. Sell the team

15.2%
  2. Replace Morey

8.3%
  3. Replace coaching staff

27.3%
  4. Upgrade roster (parts of it) around Harden

36.4%
  5. Demote Harden from being #1 and acquire new #1

1.5%
  6. Trade Harden (for who/what)

3.0%
  7. Change nothing and demand Harden to do a far better job

2.3%
  8. None of the above

6.1%
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I don't think they intended to hold D12... I just don't think there were any buyers... With Morey's rep of treating players like assets and being trade happy, he was probably better off just letting him walk than taking on contracts and inconsequential draft picks... I'm sure if anyone would have been willing to pony up anything of decent value, DM woulda snatched it up...

The whole make the playoffs thing was just stupid egotistical nonsense on the part of Les and DM...

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True, but if I remember correctly a large contingent of Clutchfans was very in favor of making the playoffs.

3. napalm06

Why do people vote for "sell the team"? This continues to be a profitable team, you don't sell a multi million dollar franchise for a bad year.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I imagine it is because it would mean they suddenly have some fraction of a billion dollars sitting in their bank account after selling the team.

5. caneks

caneks Rookie

get rid of Morey. This should be the top priority. It's been tooooo long for this kind of experiment.

6. napalm06

I don't see the appeal. ;)