1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were high school teacher...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Sep 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

As someone who just graduated from high school it would be nice if you could find out specifically the people who caused the trouble.... instead of just punishing everyone..

because if you punish them all.. next time the ones that didn't act up will act up as well.. if they are going to get punished anyways they might as well have fun misbehaving right..

but yeah i know it's not easy to find out which ones were the problems always.

2. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Man i love having a substitute teacher at school, the best time for my sh*t disturbing incidents to come out.. haha go easy on em.. all kids do it.

3. mfclark

mfclark Member

That doesn't mean that they SHOULD be doing it at all.

Usually when I had a sub in high school, the substitute would assign the work and leave us to be on our own. However, if they left a bad report, we'd hear about it later on.

Gotta lay down the law here so that they don't do it again. Yes, one bad apple may spoil the bunch, but hopefully the peer pressure on this kid not to screw up again would be enough to prevent it from happening.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Interesting topic, in my 4 years of HS only one teacher was able to control his classes when he was gone. He simply stated that everytime that he is absent there will be a quiz his 1st day back. THis year after most people got back the 1st quiz w/ a 30 or 40, the whole class just behaved when he was gone. so that might work in the future

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Sounds like my school. We had a substitute one time and we were pretty rowdy. (well, I wasn't, but they were.) On the next day, our teacher really gave it to us. No real extra work, but she made us feel bad. (or at least I felt bad.)

Most of the time my teachers just yell at us. No extra work or stuff like that.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You could just have this guy be the sub next time...and tell the class that he has been given carte blanche for discipline...and he hasn't eaten in a week. :D

[​IMG]

#26 Refman, Sep 13, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2002
  7. drapg

drapg Member

how on earth do you build up shoulders like that? That's freakin' scary! :eek:

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

They're called steroids doc....lots of roids. :)

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Talon,
    I wish you all the luck and respect what you do, but all classrooms are different. The childrens age matters a whole lot just like where they come from does. What is the general home life like? It's not easy. Most of us respect what you do, but don't really know how it is. Take away something that they care about if they act up.
    You're it. Thank you for teaching our kids,
    Andy

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

At the end of class, the kids were shaking the "pain" out of their hands. I don't think that this behavior will happen again. I emphasized that I could not fire them for their behavior, but I assured them that their bosses can if they display this kind of behavior in the work environment. It seemed to work...we'll see on Monday.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Let the class come up with the rules at the begining of the year. Then they have nobody to blame but themselves when they have to stand in front of the class silently or take a pop quiz. I think the key is keep them informed about what will happen in classroom all year and try to involve them in the process.