1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you were C.Dawson and had to make this decision right now...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets R' Us, Jun 22, 2002.

?

Keep Francis or Ming?

1. YEA! KEEP THE FRANCHISE, WHAT R YOU SMOKIN?!?!?

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. NAW!! MING THE NEXT BIG THING!

35 vote(s)
    67.3%
  1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Would you choose to keep Francis and say goodbye to Ming because Francis didn't want him? Or would you keep Ming and say goodbye to Francis and his "me-myself-and I" attitude? IMO, I'm trading Francis for Andre Miller, Baron Davis, or some other point gaurd who passes more and talks less. I love Francis and will support him wherever he goes but the point is, will he help us get a championship or will he just want us to do what he wants and take over as the GM? I know I've had a thread about this topic and so have many others but, if you had to do it now, with the draft day approaching, who do you keep and who do you trade?

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think it would ever come to that, but if it did, I don't think there's much doubt that you keep Ming. Regardless of how you feel about the talent or proven nature of the players, if Francis had that attitude, he doesn't have the mentality to be a team first championship point guard. Of course, I doubt that it ever comes to that, because we still haven't had solid public quotes from Steve on this.

3. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I was the biggest Ming supporter, but if the Chinese want him during the their regular season, and olympic/world championships, then his body will be used up quickly.
    Do we even have him during training camp?

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't think it will ever come to that, Steve isn't going to demand a trade because of this. Not to mention there isn't a single viable trade option that would make him happy. Steve: "Trade me to Cleveland, dammit! I want to go to a team that's worse than ours in a crappy city." Steve: "Trade me to New Orleans, dammit! It's not to far from H-town, but if they join the Western conference, we're screwed. Also, I can't wait to not get the extension that they don't even want to give to Baron Davis." The only viable trade is sending him to Washington with Jason Collier for Kwame and Tyron Lue. Do the rockets do that deal? Hell no, we have to develope Ming and Griffin and do not need to baby-sit the man child that is Kwame Brown. So let's stop this ridiculous who do we keep stuff because if we lose Ming or Francis, we will be screwed.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we trade steve for miller or davis we will not get any worse. if we trade potentially a 20-10-4 guy for odom we will turn out much worse.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't think it goes far enough to where we have to trade steve. i doubt it's even gone far period other than being blown up to ludicrous proportions on this bbs. if ming comes in and plays hard and effectively but we still have this conversation, we have to ship steve's ass out. that attitude will get us nowhere. but i think ming's game will blow all this away.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

get frid of francis! :mad:

8. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Saw Steve on news tonight his attitude was definitely not pro Ming.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The Clippers want a point guard really bad. We could offer up Steve to them for #8 and #12. We could then draft the following:

1) Yao
    8) A SF (Butler, Nachbar, etc)
    12) Stoudemire
    15) Juan Dixon

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Keep Ming. If Steve wants to fly solo act, maybe we can get Andre Miller through a 3-way trade. I don't know this, but Steve and his inflated ego would fit well on the Bulls, and I think he would re-sign there. Steve wouldn't be one to shy away from the Jordan legacy. Francis, Rose, Curry, Chandler, Fizer...pretty good team, especially for the East.

But I wouldn't want to help the Clippers unless absolutely necessary. If Steve had to go, arrange a 3-way for Andre Miller. Steve wouldn't stay in Cleveland.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I understand giving Steve to the Clips sounds bad, but if we could get Yao and a good SF (our biggest needs) and pick up Stoudemire, WE WIN!!!!!!