1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if you watch today's nba and think #13 is selfish then you are an idiot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Apr 2, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Agreed.

James Harden is averaging 26 points, but Kobe Bryant is average 27. So you can see that when Harden is on the court the opposing SG scores 1 more point than him, leading to a net negative of -1 for the team.

2. allaroundplayer

This applies to Lin & Harden.

But a lot more to Harden. You can say he is willing to pass or a "willing passer".

Yes, willing to pass if it gets an assist, but what about passing just for the sake of moving the ball? NEVER.

That is what kills the team.

So Harden is only a "willing assister" and not a "willing passer."

Meanwhile, Lin had D-Mo open for a post up last game & didn't pass it. REALLY LIN??????

Yeah, he's had his moments, but LIN ONE OF THE BIGGEST NIGHTLY SCRUBS IN THE NBA ALL SEASON, is going to look off a pass to D-Mo in the post to do what? Take a low percentage shot with basically no chance of making or try some wild pass like he has thousands of times?????

PLEASE LIN. YOU GRADUATED HARVARD BUT I DON'T SEE MUCH INTELLIGENCE AT ALL ON DISPLAY BY YOU THAT IS VITAL TO PLAY NBA POINT GUARD EVER. JUST DEFERRING TOO MUCH TO HARDEN & NOT KNOWING YOUR PERSONAL & NOT GETTING THE BALL TO MISMATCHES OR THE HOT SHOOTER.

I really think the Rockets need a point guard that makes decisions himself and just doesn't do whatever the coach tells him to do or what he thinks the coach wants, but uses his brain. D-mo with single coverage on the right block is easy money because he can go to the middle with his left. Every player doesn't need to be set up or spoon fed for an easy basket. Just the give the ball to the them. It isn't only giving the ball to Harden either. This is the smarts which Lin is lacking. It is making the game more difficult. Unless of course the goal is not to become the best team you can be, but a quest for personal "glory" as it seems to be.

I guess they need to change the rules & give an assist for feeding the post.

Harden = SUPER SUPREME STAT PADDER
    Lin = STAT PADDER JUNIOR WOULDN'T KNOW GRADUATED HARVARD WATCHING HIM PLAY

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Harden's turnover rate is significantly lower than Lin's, 14.5% to 19.5%

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Truth.

6. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

How many times has Hardin finished with his right hand?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised that the board hasn't delved into this mystery further. Why not? Too thin skinned? Head not hard enough? Is it those muscular tentacles? I have no idea, but damn it, someone should find out!

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

REPPED BIG TIME!
    [​IMG]

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

well you see perhaps memes are annoying but so is the hardenisoheroball playbook...Harden is not selfish... that is nonsense...no way...it's just the way he is instructed to play by coaches...

btw here's a tip for you, nobody ever annyoys you... person getting anoyyed is always doing it to himself....now that's a piece of wisdom to meditate upon...in a few months time perhaps you''ll look back at this time remember me and say:" boy that LOF had really made some contribution to the quality of my life, clarity of mind, sense of peace and wellbeing..."
    [​IMG]

11. rocketblood713

he shouldnt avg any ast if hes selfish sooooo I dont get it ..

12. OCBlast

OCBlast Member

He is not selfish, he is just not used to playing team basketball

13. jeddah

jeddah Member

He should be..because though he is an SG but he is the defacto PG of the team...it's not a special case..

14. jeddah

jeddah Member

What?????..LOL guess Google translate failed this time...

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

he is willing assister not willing passer and that's not his fault it's the system of mchale...however it doesnt work more often than not:grin:

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

The most baffling thing about the attacks on Harden's "selfishness" is the fact that he once sacrificed his game to play with Westbrook and Durant. Last year's advanced stats, as well as the Spurs series, basically showed that Harden with Durant and Westbrook form one of the most utterly, ridiculously efficient trio in recent memory. That they were simply unstoppable and much more deadly than when Harden was on the bench.

Harden was able to seemglessly integrate with two ball-dominant players and still find a way to score 16 points on a mindblowing .660TS%. Everything coming into the season was not about Harden's selfishness. It was about whether he could be the alpha dog, whether he could play with worse players as the 1st option. Harden has shown that he can both dominate as the 1st option, or be in the background as the 3rd option.

The only player on the Rockets that's having trouble sharing the ball is Lin. When he's running the show, he's great. He even talks about how great it is when he gets to play point and dictate the game. That he feels more comfortable being THE point guard rather than A point guard, which is what he is in the normal McHale system where all perimeter players play PG to a certain extent.

17. seahawk

seahawk Member

McHale directs all these. Harden's iso or Lin's defer.
    If anyone needs to change, it's the coach.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't get on here as much as I used to, is that really a common thought here?

That's rediculas!!

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

For someone who's supposed to be a steady, reasonable veteran on this forum, you sure have no problems going down several levels and throwing out some trashy posts as well.....

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you disagree with my statement, feel free to point out the fallacy in my logic, or my reasoning.

But I think if there's one thing everyone on this board agrees with, it's that Jeremy Lin is a much better player when he has control of the offense. That is what he did during Linsanity, and how he plays in the games Harden has sat out. So I fail to see what I said that's so wrong.

If Jeremy Lin can play as part of the offense as well as he does as the primary option, this Rockets team can make huge waves in the playoffs.