1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If You Take An Officer's Taser In Fight With The Officer That You Started, You Deserve Getting Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How about this one .... Lets play Simon says!

Take a good look at the bottom video .... I can't figure out how to get rid of the top one in this tweet.

And lets not forget this one

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s really difficult to shoot someone in the legs while running. Even if they hit they might still die if hit in the femoral artery.

This is why people are trained to aim at center of mass. When a firearm is drawn the only intention is lethal force.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So far this year there have been 172 whites 88 blacks and 57 Hispanics shot by police. I know people will point to that being out of line in terms of overall race demographics but let's look at Hispanics and blacks in the Trump era of vilifying Hispanics. Hispanics are 18% and blacks 14% of overall population

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If you are arguing that police use excess force then good point.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

then cops need guns with “less lethal force” and that should the standard gun equipped .

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Ok but if you combine A/B/C/D at what point do you shift blame to the person doing all those things? Could or should non-lethal force been used? Sure that’s a valid argument; but this situation is a very close call. You can argue the cop ought to lose his job, but I would be very hesitant to hold him liable in a legal sense

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Law enforcement responds to over.a million calls a year. About .10% end in fatalities

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's be honest, he shot him because he was pissed. He had punched him in his face and cops are people too. The guy was running away he wasn't a danger to anyone at that point and it was for a DWI.

This is where the police get overzealous - they need to be in control and if someone disobeys they have a need to force obedience or they feel they are being upstaged and will look bad. He didn't have to shoot the guy. They would have caught up with him. They had his name, they had evidence, and they had his car.

Why shoot him?

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Ok explain this

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/us-police-floyd-protests-country-comparisons-intl/index.html

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That’s what tasers are for.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And plane crash fatalities are probably about that percent or lower. That doesn’t mean anytime there is a plane crash we just accept it and move on. When a plane crashes with fatalities there is always an investigation and often changes recommended

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That was not my point. America has guns and I'm sure the reason all these shootings don't make national news is most are justifiable

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again cops shoot more people in the US than any other industrialized nation in the world. And we are not talking about a small margin either.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

At first, i thought it was disturbing which i am sure many of the protesters did as well. But when you sit back and think about the perp using the stun gun to access the service weapon of the cop then you realize this wasnt too outrageous. Also, the arson folks saw an opportunity to get on the other states' level.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wrong thread

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How many of those nations have our gun problem?

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Well Canada is the closet but the cops kills and shots more people than the Canadain counterparts by a large margin. I remember a couple of years ago on cnn where there was a terrorist attack in Canada and there was a stand off between a cop and the terrorists with a knife. Guess what happened? Btw I will try and find the video on YouTube.

edit: couldn’t find the cnn video but I found another source I think it is the same

With the police training with shoot first mentality The guy would have been dead. The policing is done now has to change. Like the other video I posted in this which I think you should watch. Cops have to be trained different.

#77 AleksandarN, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

True , but tasers only have a short range .

do we need cops to have lethal force if their “less lethal” rubber bullets can stop people too ?

Even in a situation with an armed criminal Id bet the guns with less lethal capability are still able to take him down.

Even in the situation where an armed robber has an AR-15 and hostages ... what difference does rubber gullets vs real bullets mean ?

my views are kinda weird on this one . But I’d prefer the police not to carry guns . Having the gun is only half the battle ... for it to be effective in keeping officers safe they have to pull and shoot first .

If you wanna give police some sort of weapon that be used to help take down fleeing suspects and protect themselves then give them something that can knock you the **** out but is unlikely to kill you .

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Growing up.
    The highest form of cowardice was shooting someone in the back.

Rocket River

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Embarrassed, angry and too lazy to run and catch the guy

Easier to just kill him
    Than do real police work.

Hell... might as well say if America wasn't f*cking around in the middle East 911 would not have happened.....America should have known how to act better ...... America got what it deserved. ...... same thing.

Rocket River