1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you had to choose: Trump or Cruz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
?

If you had to choose: Trump or Cruz

Poll closed Mar 11, 2016.
  1. Trump

65.5%
  2. Cruz

34.5%
  1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, that's not theocracy; it's social conservatism based transparently personal morals. It's no more theocratic than Quakers opposing slavery. It's no more radical than trying to ban conversion therapy.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

We've had far more intolerant and evangelical Presidents in the past, admittedly in much more bipartisan environments due to social ideology or any of the legislation or litigation behind it being somewhat non-existent.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The only basis for opposing the Court tested definitions of when life begins are religious ones. It's political pressure from erstwhile religious leaders that drive it.

(But I really don't want to get into a Glynch debate in this thread)

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Cruz is just too sexy.

5. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Trump. don't believe he's gonna ban all Muslims simply because there's no way you can be sure whether someone is a Muslim or not. and he said he's gonna be neutral between Israel and Palestine yet he got no love from Muslims for that.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't want to start another poll, but...

If Frank Underwood were real and was exactly like he is on the show, would you rather have him, Trump, or Cruz as President?

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no way you can do half the things Trump talks about. The NSA is saying if Trump did the things he's talking about, they'd have to disobey his orders because they are war crimes.

The fact that Trump has the idea to do those things is all we can look at. He's such a liar that we have no idea how serious he is about any of it. He's just saying whatever he can to get elected.

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know much about Ted Cruz, but for those who think he is crazier than Trump - can you point me to the craziest things he said/stands for? I doubt it can be crazier/more dangerous than Trump.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Also, what is the former user name of poster "Hey Now"?

I doubt I would have not noticed a poster that has been here for 16 years and has over 9,000 posts.

10. Buck Turgidson

We could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you.

For some reason, guessing work-related, he's paranoid about being linked to his old name. I have been most sternly rebuked once for mentioning it.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Did someone say "Hey Now"?
    Hey now, hey now now!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lz9lXY15pDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trump because he'll surround himself with smart people. Cruz will surround himself with evangelicals who will try to bring about the rapture.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I found it, but I could barely remember the old name either. Probably because he posted many of his 9,000 in the Football and Astros forum.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To me the craziest thing is his idea that Iran will shoot a nuclear missile straight into the air from the Atlantic Ocean and it will set off electro-magnetic impulses that will shut down the east coast of the U.S. and kill millions of people.

To follow that up, in the previous debate when Trump was saying he'd find a way with his insurance plan that he wouldn't let people die on the street.

Cruz kept coming back asking him if the government was going to pay for it? He asked it to Trump over and over as if somehow it was a point in his favor that the government would save money by letting people die in the street.

But I can't really say that he's crazier than Trump. I don't know. Was Son of Sam crazier than Richard Ramirez?

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

His crazy eyed Dr. Seuss 22 hour marathon filibuster was a bit psychotic.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's a really hard question.

They're both capable of doing so much damage. I do think that Drumpf doesn't actually believe all of the crap he's spewing. I believe that this started almost as a dare and it kind of snowballed. Cruz legitimately scares the crap out of me. While being President doesn't mean being everyone's friend...it does mean having the ability to connect with people. He clearly does not have that ability.

I guess it would either be Drumpf or escape to Cruz's true homeland.

17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I'm thinking of changing my vote. Trump is truly off his rocker. Dangerously so. The Canadian at least understands/almost respects the system even if I disagree with him on pretty much everything and nobody likes him.

Though a 'gun to the head' scenario like this would just strengthen my resolve for much stricter gun control laws.