1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you had to choose: Trump or Cruz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
?

If you had to choose: Trump or Cruz

Poll closed Mar 11, 2016.
  1. Trump

65.5%
  2. Cruz

34.5%
  1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Trump, and to honest, it is an easy choice.

Trump has liberal tendencies in his bones. Get him off the record, and you might actually hear a reasonable person. Case in point: deporting 12 million illegal aliens. Who amongst us believes that is going to happen? It is all talk to become the GOP nominee.

Cruz is very smart and articulate, but he can be downright ruthless. Cruz would cut off his own nose (or yours) to make a point. Thankfully, due to his narrow appeal, he is unlikely to ever become potus.

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I don't quite know how I feel about Ted Cruz. I think the man is obviously brilliant but he is also playing a part. He is just pandering to the god, guns and beer crowd to get votes and gain power. I have absolutely no idea what he will be like once elected. I don't believe a single word he says but he is well spoken. Something about him makes me think he has all of his neighbor's children chained up in his basement. He legitimately creeps me out, like supervillian/serial killer creepy.

Trump, Rubio, Kasich and Carson are not my ideal candidates (although Kasich doesn't seem too bad) but they do not scare me like Cruz does.

3. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Eh, I don't like my kids that much.

;)

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Completely agree.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is like choosing between drinking poison and hanging yourself.

The poison would be a slower, more painful death, but at least you might survive it... and there's even a slim chance it might give you superpowers.

1 person likes this.
  6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Cruz has no long term vision... he's just waiting to start the Apocalypse and get taken to heaven. I think i'd take my chances with Drumph.

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I'd wager that if you gave truth serum to Cruz, he would admit that he wants the USA to burn the next four years so he has a quicker shot at running for the presidency again, no matter which party wins in November.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

9. TheresTheDagger

Or Clinton in 2008....

10. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Drumpf. Because I want another trial of the century when he gets impeached.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A couple of people have said this. Do you think he has any sincerity in his religious talk? It strikes me as a very Machiavellian manipulation of his voter base that he is not at all invested in on a personal spiritual level. Not only are his piety and his actions a little incongruous, but it seems like he turns on and off the religious talk for whatever serves him best. I believe Carson's faith is genuine because it creeps into everything he talks about, which is what I expect. Cruz isn't that way. Doesn't mean he's not sincere, but it doesn't strike me as sincere.

1 person likes this.
  12. MexAmercnMoose

that's because he's a lawyer

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think he is like many Texas "strong Christians."

Christianity=anti abortion, anti gay marriage, hard work, pull yourself up by your boot straps, god helps those who help themselves, god is against taxes, etc., be ye not unequally yoked.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean this video is ridiculous (and misleads several times.)

First of all she only tackles abortion and gay marriage.

Secondly, liberals are crazy if they think you aren't moderate unless you support abortion. Kasich has a position that he pro-life except in the case of rape/incest and life of the mother. She references that position but then tries to say he is lying because he signed a bill banning late term abortions even in those cases. Sorry, that isn't a lie. He sounds like a moderate on that issue.

On gay marriage he is very clear about his own personal beliefs that marriage is between a man and a woman. However, he has said the courts have ruled and he is going to move on. He repeatedly says that if you own a business you need to run your business and not deny people service based on same sex marriage. In the case this lady references to try to debunk his claims, Kasich was a named defendant because he was the sitting governor of a state with a gay marriage ban refusing to recognize a same sex marriage in another state prior to the SC ruling making it legal in all 50 states. First of all, it was the attorney general that decided to fight the recognition from another state and second of all it was pre-Federal ruling in a state with a contradicting law.

Again, this individual just thinks that in order to be moderate you need to be liberal.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

According to polls, that position is not moderate.

17. TheresTheDagger

"According to polls"........

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Kasich defunded Planned Parenthood and required invasive transvaginal ultrasounds. That's just knee jerk theocracy denying the rights of women and their doctors. That's pretty radical.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No gun needed. Cruz is a trained lawyer and experience legislator. I honestly believe both parties need to alter their rules and explicitly forbid their nominee from not having governing experience or legal education. I have difficulty imagining a scenario where Trump isn't ultimately stymied by both political parties, and similar to Nixon in the last days, his own generals. Unfortunately there are conservatives old enough to remember Jackson and Sharpton's bids and somewhat legitimately think this isn't any worse; but every one, including black liberals, knew they wouldn't win.

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Trump. Easy.