1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you had to choose: Trump or Cruz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
?

If you had to choose: Trump or Cruz

Poll closed Mar 11, 2016.
  1. Trump

65.5%
  2. Cruz

34.5%
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Trump for entertainment purposes.

But I don't HAVE to choose!

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wish I could laugh at this, but it's not a joke. Cruz is the embodiment of The Establishment, state-ism, ignorance, and hatred all in a Conservative Christian package. He's pure evil, and the scariest part about him is that he's convinced he's doing "good" in the world.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gun to my head, it would be Trump. I'd hold my nose and hope that our systems would keep him in check. Once he's President, I think he'll be easy to "tame" kind of like when Hitler was appointed Chancellor in 1933? Wait, what? Eh, never mind...hey, look at that guy with the beautiful red hat!!!

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trump because he'll actually use logic and reason to make decisions not faith.

Anyone who uses faith as a decision maker should be committed IMHO.

Like this lady for example,
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l4gNoChaG2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She obviously is crazy and should be committed but she won't be because she's the right kind of crazy. Someone should let her know that the blood of jesus wanted that man to burn in the fire and the people who saved him went against the blood of jesus. she should be angry i think. Cruz reminds me of this lady.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Cruz looks creepy, sounds creepy. Everyone hates him and he is not willing to work with anyone.

Rubio is still a boy. He melts under pressure and gets rattled easily. He is just another little puppy of the republican establishment.

Trump is rude, loud, acts like a clown sometimes and he is not perfect. But against rest of the clowns and crooks, he is a better option. Like I said before, with him being the president, democrats and republicans might have chance to make deals and move things forward for this country. He is not as crazy as he looks right now. That is just his tactics to drive media crazy and rally the crowd. Otherwise he would had no chance in this election, without the backing of the "big donors", another f**ked up truth about american politics, which ppl are so sick of.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trump because it would be hilarious. He has no political convictions, no agenda other than self promotion, no statesmanship skills, it would be willy-nilly all over the place and change by the day. And mostly because it would hasten the end of the GOP dominance, Democrats could win locally on the carrying out the real business of government.

I never would want anything to do with putting a theocrat in power, it's just a step backward for civilization.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least trump said he would do Universal Healthcare.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump, but it has nothing to do with political positions. It's just because he would be a laughing stock amongst world leaders, and we could all laugh at him as well.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Trump reminds me of Hugo Chavez. Not policy, just personality. I see him doing a weekly tv show that plays on every channel.

Cruz says crazy things, but when I did get the chance to meet him in person he seemed like a decent guy. Extremely intelligent. I just don't agree with him on most issues.

I'm picking Cruz.

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Trump of course. Cruz is the last person I would vote for.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

trump, cruz, and rubio are all racists or at least pander to racists.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I was going to post the same thing; he is being lauded, for some unknown reason, for explicitly not doing the job he was elected to do. I can't wrap my head around why, if he so obviously hates the government, he's chosen to work for the government.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

All of his endorsements prove this to be irrelevant. I think his one congressional endorsement said he was just doing it to hurt Trump and it had nothing to do with Cruz.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There isn't anyone that ran for the Democratic or Republican nomination at any point this cycle that I wouldn't vote for over Trump.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Cruz is a champion of the Constitution

Trump is an authoritarian tyrant

16. Hey Now!

Which he has proven, time and again, to not actually understand.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Except that part about having to be a natural born citizen to be President....he would prefer you skim over that part.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Cruz understands the Constitution, he is a bright and extremely well educated man. The problem with Cruz is that he doesn't really care about the Constitution, the people or anything else other than exercising his own power.

19. Hey Now!

Good point. He purposefully twists and curves it to fit whatever larger agenda he's sunk his teeth into, and seemingly does so with impunity.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I guess maybe Trump? I'm thinking both Democrats and republicans will refuse to work with him. So, maybe he won't do too much damage.

Just the thought of all these goofy republican candidates on one side and Hillary on the other is so depressing. The Hillary and Trump debates are going to be ridiculous.