1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you feel lost .. I understand ...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oeilpere, May 27, 2002.

1. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Lost in all the hoopla as we … die hard … Rockets Red Glare fanatics… xenophobically, narrowed and thoughtlessly watch our own little drama get more befuddled every day … we may well forget that the real passion play of this sport continues to unfold …

Let me tell you how I feel ...

· If the Nets/Celticsa series is the raw street reality of urban life then the Lakers/Kings series is the pre-production Hollywood meetings prior to filming that experience…my God!

· The Lakers are startlingly adept at pronouncing the fate of any suitors to the crown … while the Kings are begrudgingly attempting to find a foot for that glass slipper they’ve been carrying all year … Oh sweet Lord!

· Both series are thrilling and exhilarating for any basketball fan … I don’t care who you cheer for, or what your station in life. If you watch enthralled while a fairly rotund object is thrown delicately in the air .. arcing widely … consuming it’s mark of projection with abandon …. and, somehow you stand suspended … with mouth open wide in wonderment … you cannot know a better description of what life holds for those that can still be amazed and dumfounded … oh my … oh my sweet Lord some of that is so magical …

· Jason Kidd’s determination and the pale reminder of VanHorn’s promise clashing shift after shift with the slashing blur of a focused Paul Pierce and his undaunting stand up … “I’ll get in your face if I need to” arsenal … my God I love this game!

· The Goliath of sports tiptoeing in the paint and embarrassing all that inadvertently step into his house … the flurry and flash of the next godchild making the impossible – the possible … and the rough camaraderie between twilight has-beens and overachievers poking sticks in the ribs of the current giant … make me breathless … I am wanton … I need air … I cannot hold back the screams at times ….

· In one - we have a Rucker revisited with shadows of the Goat and Dally banging bodies and cursing loudly under a chain mailed net … in the other - the style and grace of an opera being played before an adoring sunshine crowd of pleasure palace patrons … it cannot be duplicated in life or art … it is the sport …

My God I miss the ethereal excitement of a Rocket victory … I don’t even care from where it comes … I just need to feel that warming pleasure in sight of a victor’s salute …

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The Jazz haters got a treat...the Kings vs. Mavs was exciting...Hornets played well in spite of not having a home court...is there a script that has the Lakers and Celtics on a collision course? (I for one hope not!).

The only thing missing is...the Rockets red glare!

All good things come to those who wait...

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Gater, Is that sig in reference to Glen Rice's contract?