1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you could move to any country in the world, which one would you move to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 14, 2012.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That goes for a lot of countries including the US.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'd love to. My wife went before we met and said it was awesome. (no offense meant by my previous post about NZ)

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

BRAZIL !!!

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

OMG ... you couldn't be further from the truth here.

Brutal oppression by the British of the natives? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Just LOL.

New Zealand is the country where the local natives were LEAST oppressed by the British during the colonial era.

In Australia they basically exterminated the whole native race--the Aboriginies. They killed and massacred them in full force without warning and at will. The few remaining Aborignies today live in extreme poverty in the rugged inland areas of Australia, where they are facing daily challenges of life and have been trapped by problems such as gambling, drugs, very poor family structure and culture, and p*rnography. Basically in a nutshell they were heavily brutally murdered by the British when Australia was being colonized during the British Colonial Era.

Compare that with the native people here in New Zealand, the Maoris. The British actually decided to respect and offer full human rights and privileges to the Maori, and instead of American-style "Land reservations", or just simply the act of murdering the natives to gain posession of their land, the British took time and resources to negotiate with the Maori, resulting in what is known today as The Treaty of Waitangi (1840). It is the founding document of New Zealand, and the amazing thing is, in modern times the Maori have issued waves and waves of complaints and legal court battles with the Government, complaining about breaches of the Treaty by the Crown for all those years since the Treaty was signed. You probably would be amazed that the Maori sued the Government for the rights to all of New Zealand's foreshore and seabed, and now the foreshore and seabed of the entire country belongs to the Maori.

Not to mention all the affirmative action programmes the Government have rolled in ever since decades ago, and with the comparably very generous public welfare packages the New Zealand Government has in place for our citizens, the Maori have benefited from that significantly.

I don't even want to begin talking about the United States and their encounters and actions with the Indians.

This is coming from a guy whos lived in New Zealand all his life and have studied history (both New Zealand and United States, back in high school.

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

For a few months:

France - culture, history, food. Last time I was there, I didn't want to go because of the food. It's also in the center of Europe, so I can travel to different counties over weekends.

Italy - the combination of Roman and Renaissance cultures. The country was a museum. Too much to see, too much to do.

China - wild west of the 21 century. A lot of exciting things are going on there business wise. The media portrayal is rather one-sided, and every time I visit I have a blast.

Australia/New Zealand - never been there. Want to explore and have fun.

Long-term - I'm good with the US of A, preferably in San Francisco.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Oh, none taken. Actually I just wrote a rebuttal about your point about "British oppression against the natives". Just wanted to point out compared with the other British colonies the NZ natives were treated very well.

Hope to see you down here one day :)

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

alright, its 320 am here in NZ. Got home from work not long ago, probably should get some sleep. LOL. nite.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

China is great. Especially if you are Caucasion. LOL. I heard basically people will treat you like Queens and Kings. haha.

AUS/NZ is really awesome. Not much of a nightlife scene if you were to compare it to the US, but scenery/adventure/people is just top-notch.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

*Caucasian. ^^ alright I really better get to sleep. X.x

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

This is somewhat true, but not so much in China as in south east asia. I have a group of coworkers living in the philippenes, some in Thailand, some in Bali, and other's in Saigon Vietnam. In the philippens, any white guy in the world can go out and pick up a cute asian girl. You will be worshipped there. When we would go to the clubs and bars it was just unreal - we were like celebrities, it was so much fun. I was there for 4 months in 2010 and I honestly couldn't tell you how many asian girls we banged during that 4 month period.

Saigon (Ho Chi minh city) is now the big up and coming place for internet businesses. I have a friend living there in the best part of the city and man it's just AWESOME there. He just sent me pics from this restaurant they go to almost every night on top of a building in the city. They eat amazing food, drink all night and their bill is like $60 - the nightclubs are amazing there as well and of course the women are all over them and let me tell you some of these guys are nerdy computer guys and they are smashing nightly - if you're white there, you are MONEY. These girls there all try to bleach their skin, the love white skin and they want their babies to be white. Here is the place they hang out at for dinner before hitting the club. All the hostesses there are cute little asian girls. If I weren't marred now I'd be right there with him.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

pic fail ^ above. Here:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Xerobull

I agree....one of my reasons for starting this thread. Makes me sick.

Absolutely not as bad as some places. For example, the colonists flat out exterminated 95% of the Aborigines in Tasmania, and the rest just died off in horrible conditions. And the oppression in the US vs the natives in the 1800s was horrible.

Not to be a Debbie Downer for the thread. I like how it's lighthearted. :)

13. Xerobull

So other than a lax attitude towards smoking weed, what else is good about Canada?

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It's clean. The people are generally pretty cool. Low crime. Awesome skiing. Decent, low cost healthcare.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind that a lot of that probably had to do with that y'all had a lot of money compared to the average Filipino rather than being white.

16. Xerobull

Nice, good to know. How is the political atmosphere towards legalizing drugs? Moving forward or stymied by US interests?

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Never been there, but Vancouver intrigues me.

Already living in a 'top-10' city though. (Houston is ranked #53 :p)

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

I don't know, but I can't tell you how easy it was. No effort at all, just stand near the bar at the club and get flooded with girls. Go to a restaurant, hostess/waitress whatever - she was down. And the sects was casual, they really didn't expect anything else from us.

19. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

when I was working at hp many years back, I had a Philippino married middle aged co worker who would go back for sects with 18yrs/old every year. he told me the same thing but it probably takes longer for him cuz it takes time for the girls to find out he's not a native. you got to understand dinner at macdonlds to them is a weeks wage.

I was just over in Taiwan visiting an ex. its an under rated place. modern, great food and awesomely nice people. a little expensive, but enjoyed it muc
    h more than mainland china. I would consider moving there.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I forgot which one - Munich?