1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we make the playoffs, does anyone else feel like we could surprise a few people against the Warri

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The Warriors obviously would have preferred to play the Jazz or Mavericks. That's about all we can say. We shouldn't expect to win more than one game.

As Charlie Pallilo will mention 1000x before the playoffs start, the only way to perform a historic upset is to be a massive underdog.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's funny.

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

by surprise you mean win 1 or 2 games? Yes, if we get lucky.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man we still should have won those first 2 games against them in the WCF.

I really hope if they get in this team is focused and hungry.

5. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

In fact, we never beat them when Steph Curry was injured this year!!!

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have a weird feeling that it might end up like Houston vs OKC the first year harden was here

Beverley runs into Curry's knee. we still lose the series. But Golden State gets destroyed second round and then hates us forever

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I do think the Warriors really would rather play Utah, but no the Rockets don't stand a chance. What they can do though is make the playoffs more interesting if they have some wacky Rocket games where they win 2 games by catching heat from 3, and extend the series beyond GS' liking. Making them more in danger of breaking down later in the playoffs after chasing the streak, and having several long series'.

8. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

the jazz play the warriors pretty well.

9. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

LOL im with you

10. Rocketeer4Life

Hahahaha! You kidding right?

11. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

The difference in the series between being swept and making things interesting is how creative bickerstaff can get with his rotations. With patbev healthy this year, this team going into the playoffs is way more talented than last years injury depleted team. Put Mcdaniels on curry and Thompson, let Dmo and Beasly try and match up with Green and Barnes. Want to see Gouldlock match up eoth curry. curry once called Andrew Gouldlock the best player he ever played in college. I think Gouldlock shows some clutch moments in the playoffs if Jbb gives him burn. I like the Rockets Goldenstate has never played a fully Healthy basketball team with Beasly and Gouldlock and Kj. Jbb needs to coach in this series, he has beem given another chance. Rockets can make a run at an upset vs the greatest team of all time. Hey if warriors upset mavs in 07 in the firdt round ironically, its possible. Still though non of this is possible of Rockets dont take care of business wednesday! go Rockets! #pursuit

12. rocketsmetalspd

Need to win on Wednesday but IF they do why not. The Rockets will be playing with house money since no one expected them to make the playoffs with their play this season. Go for it like the Vipers of last season and just take as many 3s as possible in the game no one is expecting the Rockets to win but stranger things have happen. I sure hope so.

13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I think we'd beat the Warriors bc Chuck said Warriors aren't winning the title this year.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I forgot about that, it was Prigioni alongside Harden the entire PlayOffs... A hyper Bev along with some new elements might have the Warriors on their heals if things click right. Hoping for the upset.

15. nabil474

nabil474 Member

Lmfao!!!!! Hell yeah.

16. shlhl

shlhl Member

Five more win. Mission Accomplished.

17. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

Ok so this is whats going to happen. All you people saying we are going to lose or we need a slightly higher lotto pick when we have a chance to get in the playoffs because we had a injury prone year. Now we are all healthy we are up with the best with our veterens (ariza, harden, bev, howard, brewer, smith, D-Mo).. the list goes on, as well as our young guys peaking right now (capela specifically which will be crucial to back up howard) FOR THE ROCKET FANS WHO WANT A LOTTERY PICK ARE YOU NOT TRUE FANS? WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS ESPECIALLY WITH THIS GOOD TEAM. ALL THESE HATERS NEED TO GO AND ARE NOT TRUE ROCKET FANS. I HOPE THE ROCKETS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP JUST TO SHUT UP ALL THE FAKE ROCKET FANS AND HOPE YOU ALL STOP ROOTING FOR THE ROCKETS. WE DON'T NEED YOU!!! and yes im marking down all the people in this thread including terrible clutchfans like . DaDakota <--- such a rocket pessimist and hater

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've firmly believed with a healthy team we stand a damned good chance. But I hold that assumption under the proviso D-Mo is playing meaningful minutes and getting his hands on the ball in the post an awful lot.

Draymond Green's biggest weakness is post defence against skilful players. He can more than handle his own against those who try to bully him around - but it's been shown a few times he struggles against those who have a range of moves.

That isn't happening, so I don't think we can win. Add to the fact Dwight is either going to sit for 40 minutes a game, or he's going to be forced to shoot 30 free throws each night.

Neither of those options have a pretty ending.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If we can beat the Kings, we can beat the Warriors.

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

if we make the playoffs we will be swept.