1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we land Dwight Howard,please bring Artest(MWP) with him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Petey-N-Htown, May 13, 2013.

1. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Kobe isn't getting amnestied, thats just not happening. Pau has way too much value to be amnestied and its only one year remaining. Sure they will have a huge luxury tax bill for next year, but its the Lakers they can afford it.

If anyone gets amnestied I'd say its Nash... iirc he is the only one on the books after next year.

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

MWP has a player option for 7.7m
    Nash is on the books for 2 more years @9.3 and 9.7

They are at $78m without having resigned Dwight!

Lakers are a mess. Amnesty the Laker FO! Move the team to San Diego!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Medina:

Pau Gasol - I don't sense they'll use the amnesty on him. I think the only scenario as far as whether they get rid of him is a blockbuster trade. Not just a salary dump.

I sense that, as entertaining as MWP is, these are his last days as a Laker. I think amnesty. He was considering opting out but I think he's been told recently he should opt in and worst case scenario, he gets amnestied but he still gets that 7.7 million. I think that's what's gonna happen.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

**** Artest. He can drown with that LA ship.

6. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

My man...I got one maybe.....and a lot of "No's", which is fine. I was just looking for other people's take on this,which is what I'm getting.

Thanks Bima chiming in.

7. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I'm still "Yes" on Artest BTW if we can get him cheap or if he is thrown in a potential Dwight Howard Sign-and-Trade deal.

8. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

No. Actually...

No.