1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we can't have Larry Brown, why not Larry Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keep_rudy, Jun 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hey Larry,

Don't worry, I think you'll be able to find another gig as an assistant somewhere around the league. Good luck!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Cause they want people to actually watch some of the games.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Can someone tell me what game the Rockets lost under Larry Smith that they were supposed to win?

Larry Smith has the Francis fans on him because Steve choked massively at the end of the year, and the Yao fans on him because Yao choked massively at the end of the year. Some of the numbers these two guys put up at the end of the year were downright pathetic. This is why Larry Smith gets such a bad wrap.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

C'mon Larry had about a 500 record while in charge am I right? Thats about where Rudy had them. Did anybody expect him to do better or an equal job as rudy? He is what he is, hes an "assistant coach" A playoff spot would have been nice but he got pretty darn close to getting in.Do I want him as head coach? Heck no his offense shemes were terrible. And there are alot better options out there. But you guys act like Rudy had them going like the Sacramento Kings.

5. CrazyJoeDavola

The only games we lost that we shouldn't have: Seattle and Milwaukee

Games we did win but shouldn't have: Philly

One game swing as I see it.

Not enough to label Smith as people have been IMO.