1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If violent fascism has returned, it doesn’t have a swastika on its flag...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, May 27, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think what he was trying to say was that not all the people in the Unite the Right rally were Nazis, and some of them were even "fine people". Though I think attending and participating in a rally alongside white supremacists, even if it doesn't make you a Nazi, disqualifies you from being regarded as a "fine person".

I guess it's just a more biting attack against Trump to say that he called neo-Nazis or white supremacists "fine people", rather than say he claimed there were "fine people" marching alongside neo-Nazis or white supremacists.

biff17 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nobody from any of these groups is a fine person.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

agreed

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is revisionist. He held that press conference after a quiet town was descended upon by hate groups and there were riots in which someone was killed and the country needed and looked for leadership. That's the context in which he made the statement.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when you tried to post a video about the incident attributing the murder to left wing groups?

mdrowe00, LosPollosHermanos and Nook like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Dude has done a total 180 recently. Not the same person posting, or he was trolling then or he's trolling now.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Of course he doesn’t. He was drunk off talking points.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Free speech is the real enemy. Why are you wasting your time on this?

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So reductive and lazy.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Put your fantasies about that woman away.

My inspiration was reading the n-th tweet about Ben Shapiro inspiring Nazis or being a Nazi himself.

If people want to make this claim, then we need to recognize that the biggest group of violent fascists are in fact Muslims.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given that Hakeem is a violent fascist, should the Rockets distance themselves from him? Do you disavow the evil Olajuwon?

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The context in which he made the statement was that he was essentially in agreement with people who were there to protest removal of a historical statue of Robert E. Lee. He was attempting to be conciliatory by saying there were fine people on both sides and people to blame on sides. Ordinarily I would welcome that sort of even handedness from this president, but this was not the occasion for it. He allowed white supremacists to think he is on their side, emboldening them, and he was unwilling to take the political hit in distancing himself from them in no uncertain terms.

#33 durvasa, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. because he did.

and double lol at you for citing an article written by steve cortes...a cnn commentator and 100% trump suck-up. one of the biggest partisan hacks i have ever heard in my entire life.

re-reading the transcript of trumps initial comments is pretty disgusting. i forgot how much time he spent trying to equate the anti-nazi protestors to the nazis. he twice refused to call the murder of an innocent woman an act of terrorism. he spent more time trying to lay blame on "alt-left" protestors than on the nazis. he even criticized the anti-nazi protestors for not having a permit while the nazis did. despicable.

here is the full transcript of that pathetic press conference...

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...t-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Thanks for posting the entire conversation and farther proving he never said neo-nazis or white supremacist were "fine people". Not there was ever any doubt to anyone who actually listened to what he said and did not grab onto one sentence out of context like the left has done..

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

wow...

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

AroundTheWorld and JeffB like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, they corrected it from HE reads Ben Shapiro to his wife reads Ben Shapiro. What a monumental change.

Ben Shapiro meanwhile...

Ah, seems like a totally reasonable guy. I can't imagine why anyone would have an issue with him.

I'm surprised he's even on a Rockets site because the Rockets have a statue of this violent fascist in front of the stadium. The Rockets sit him courtside at big games and it looks like the Rockets organization, in fact, tolerates fascism.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Racism is going down in america and that is a good thing.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you are incorrect. I think the overton window has expanded to where it's more acceptable to believe in racial IQ bell curves and the narrative of white genocide. Those concepts have definitely become more acceptable in my right wing circle of friends.

Today, there are much more David Duke types as in men in suits and ties who seem rational and level headed but then all of a sudden make claims about genetic predisposition of blacks being dumber or that white people shouldn't intermarry with other races because it dilutes the population. You see youtube channels with millions of views that tout these narratives.

What's most worrisome to me is that more and more young white men who are the majority power structure in their respective countries feel as if they are oppressed. It can be seen by the anti-sjw grifter community on YouTube and other social media platforms. Grifters understand these markets well and what generates views. They know their audience. The fact that their tired shtick plays well and generates substantial revenue speaks volumes. When the majority dominant power structure believes they are the ones being oppressed, you get fascism. That's exactly how Hitler gained his following. He created a narrative that the white dominant culture is being oppressed.

#39 fchowd0311, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    JayGoogle, FranchiseBlade and JeffB like this.
  20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Shapiro is right about that. And yes, I would be far more worried about Muhamad’s Fan club than Shapiro’s fan club.

AroundTheWorld likes this.