1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Tilman reads Clutchfans...what would you say to him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Feb 7, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I mean, Codman did say we were supposed to get Jamychal Green and Temple along with Ellington from Miami but both those franchises lied and dealt those guys elsewhere. Tilman even said that he wished other teams were trustworthy. So, the plan was to spend and improve the team, so I dont get the hate. If they couldnt get their targets, it was on to plan B and that was cut costs. Am I missing something?

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thank you for getting rid of all Morey's pathetic offseason acquisitions. Ennis, melo,mcw,chrisss,knight .... all were trash

Invisible Fan and Rox11 like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Whatcha gonna spend your share of the league tax revenue pool on? Now that you’re a non-Taxpayer, should be a nice sum of money coming your way.

Hopefully, you’ll spend it on something more fun than paying off your contractor bills on the Post Oak Hotel.

J.R., malakas and Joshfast like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m still with u man...it’s a shame u couldn’t get a ring your 1st year as an owner because of a hamstring and crooked refs

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes.

We use up 3 picks today and did not improve the team.

There are certain things you can't control when it comes to winning basketball game, like luck, shots, matchups, etc and those you can live with when it goes wrongs.

There is certain things you can control, such as CHOOSING TO SPEND MONEY. We learned today, that TF is not going to do everything he can to give the Rockets the best chance to win. That is deeply concerning, and Rockets fans have a right to be upset.

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fix the logo and uniforms

and tell Les to give us back the trophies

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

What would I tell him?

Let me hold a couple hundred thou. With all that money you saving, you can't say you don't have it.

8. malakas

malakas Member

I would tell him I am a fan from overseas and to send me free merchandise. <3

9. jb86

jb86 Member

Can I borrow $1 million?

10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Hey Tilly

I had to stay at your Golden Nugget in Laughin, NV and that was a real shiithole my man......,

Little Bit likes this.
  11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Trade yourself

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We will probably know by this summer .

Leaving untouched MLE is pretty sickening .... especially if we strike out in the buyout market and don't come to terms with house .

Take the case of House . we could sign him to a value contract and then trade him in the future if we need to shed salary . He could be a good asset we pair with a bad one .

I understand making cost saving moves when you've got 40-50 million of lux tax fees coming your way .

We don't . We wouldn't have a big problem until 3-4 years from now .... MAYBE

Think about how much money you generate if you win .

GS isn't worried about a 50 mil impediment right now because they rake it in

Nook and Ming The King like this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I'd ask him to sell the team to someone who can afford it.

Ming The King likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sure, but if you cant get your targets, for reasons you cant control, then why go after something just to go after something?

16. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Damnit

rockets13champs likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Can I get a crazy weekend in Vegas comped?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Right now I am fine with them not spending the MLE if this is the year they get under the luxury tax to avoid the repeater tax.

Golden State's tax bill next year is going to be $90,000,000 and if they resign KT and KD it will be $225,000,000. They can pay it because they have revenue streams the Rockets do not have.

I will tell you when we will know. If Shumpert plays well, he will be a free agent and we have his Bird Rights. So we can go over the cap to sign him. If the Rockets let him go without signing him, then we will know that we will have been had for sure.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

You should make a twitter account, its a great way to get in touch with fans of the team.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]