1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If The Wolves Don't Improve, Garnett Wants Out...Would you offer TMac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 9, 2006.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

exactly. this trade idea has been brought up countless times and i'm not a fan.

i'm happy just taking my chances with t-mac. garnett is a great player but tracy is a far superior compliment to yao.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

How many times has this trade idea been brought up.

I wouldn't do it.

Yao and T-mac will either take us all the way or we'll be left with the promise of, well, promise

3. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I think Rockets had talked about MJames enough?

4. AXG

AXG Member

Trading T-Mac for Garnett would take away a lot of our outside shooting. A healthy McGrady gives the Rockets arguably the best inside-out combo in the league. Also, Garnett's age means he's soon on the decline, if not already. He's got 1-2 more years of being dominant before age catches up.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

How about TMac for Mike James, Ricky Davis, and Trenton Hassell?

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Because Yao Ming is our franchise player and we are building the team around him.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Adds on salary
    KG is starting his way down the hill
    McGrady is a far better compliment to Yao

I say no. However, I wouldn't consider McGrady untouchable anymore. If his window has been shortened (and none of else really know how the rest of his career will go), it's not unreasonable to consider swapping him out before the milk goes sour.

Evan

8. ymc

ymc Member

I can see three major advantages of doing this trade:

1) Garnett is more durable than T-Mac
    2) Battier can go back to start at 3
    3) Our rebounding will be much improved

I think

Alston-Snyder-Battier-Garnett-Yao

is a better team than

Alston-Snyder-T-Mac-Battier-Yao

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't get why people remember the Barkley/Dream combo as a bad thing. They only reason it didn't work out was injury, not that they couldn't co-exist. The Rockets were 38-11 when Barkley and Olajuwon played in '96-'97. That works out to a .775 clip, which would have been good for first in the Western Conference last season. The Barkley/Olajuwon combo is something to duplicate, not avoid, because you can relentlessly hammer the post without wearing one guy out. It also provides for excellent rebounding which is also condusive to winning. You need shooters, but we have a few of them and we can always get more. The point is, Garnett is just better than TMac, as much as I love TMac. If we can swap TMac for KG and get rid of Howard at the same time, what is not to like?

10. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

please tell me my sarcasm meter is broken.....LAWL..... :D

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I don 't think the T-Wolves would give up Davis, Hassell and James :eek: just for T-Mac? Hell No ... by the way Mike Who?!

12. T-miracle 13

T-miracle 13 Member

Cant believe someone would actually want to trade T-mac... anyone can get injured, whose to say that Garnett wont get injured while playing in Houston.. Besides why would you need two big scorers that will probably have problems trying to decide who should score and a backcourt thats not proven or clutch.. lol

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Wooow dude ... better team? Are you kidding me? The joke of the day is this one: "Garnett is more durable than T-Mac" ... Hahaha, come on! Are you a stand-up comedian or what?

Let me say it this way ... KG is 30 and that guy is a "part-time" stand-up comedian in Minesota, come on Yao and Garnett together is asking for trouble, dude and you really think that Snyder as SG and Battier as SF would be better? T-Mac is a scoring machine, All Star and like Battier said "superdruper hell of a NBA-star" ... the guy is 27! T-Mac can be the leading scorer in the NBA for the next 3 years in a row! T-Mac stays, dude!!

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Three starters for a superstar is about the going rate - that's what we had to give up to get TMac, plus we had to take Juwan's contract as well.

15. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

this would be like carter leaving the raptors. if garnett left the wolves he would have a resurrgence (check spelling hahaha). How couldnt you offer the 50 games a year T-Mac?

16. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

It's scary to think that snyder is probably going to be our SG? makes me vomit in my mouth a little :eek:

17. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I would find it funny if KG got traded, the Wolves sucked, and MJ is unable to ask for a trade due to his trade kicker. :p

18. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Member

What happened to our "win now" strategy? If we get KG it gives us a much better chance to "win now".

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

This is not the kind of trade proposition that you dismiss outright. Unless you've heard it 1000 times. Then you remember the 1000 times you've considered it before and dismiss, and then and only then dismiss it outright.

20. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Member

KG can shoot the three, and so can Yao. The reason they don't do it in their current teams is because there's no one else to rebound. If we do indeed trade Tmac+Howard for KG, Yao and KG would be able to pick up the perimeter slack. As long as one is focusing on rebounds while the other's shooting 3's we'd be fine. Yao and KG are both excellent rebounders, and being on the same team will give the Rockets the ultimate inside-outside threat.