1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the rocks don't make the playoffs...Go Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brando2101, Mar 2, 2006.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

you guys that root for dallas and san antonio should be ashamed to call yourselves rockets fans. I guarundamntee it that people on the Mavs and Spurs fans aren't sitting around with posts saying "man, I really hope the Rockets win it all if we don't make it this season." You guys are straight up bandwagon fans that are just trying to jump on the coattails of teams that happen to be better than the Rockets right now. The fact that they are in the same state makes it even worse as far as I'm considered. This **** is horrible. It reminds me of the time that I was like 14 and suggested we root for the Spurs on this website. What a joke.

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Well, the first part of your post was misguided, and though I read it, I will have to completely disregard it and erase it from my memory for the rest of time. However, this stuff I've quoted is pretty funny; now that's the spirit! I would wish that on the Mavbricks, except whatever their receive should be infinitely worse than that.

MUCK THE FAVRICKS! I HOPE THEY ALL BREAK THEIR LEGS AND NEVER WIN ANOTHER PLAYOFF A GAME..... That goes for the j*zz, Fakers, and Spurs, too.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Muck the Fav(g)s

Dirk is a flaming rump ranger

Cuban is the whiniest lil b1otch in the world

Screw the Spers also

The End

4. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

I am not a "bandwagon fan." There is no "jumping on coattails." Last year, when the Rockets were eliminated, I had a few choices I could have not watched any of the rest of the NBA playoffs, I could have watched as some sort of objective observer, or I could pick favorites in the remaining series. I like basketball too much to not watch at all, and I find games boring when I don't care who wins, so each game/series I watched, I had a definite favorite. I didn't go out and buy gear from the other teams, or post on their websites like I was some diehard fan, but yes, I wanted certain teams to win. That does not make me less of a Rockets fan in any way, shape, or form. My mother is my hero, she has sacrificed over and over again for me, she lives in San Antonio and is a Spurs fan. Her mother was a big Spurs fan too, she passed away last year in March and my mother used another Spurs championship as kind of a personal "closing the book" on my grandmother's life. You bet I was there with her and hoping the Spurs would win. Evn without the family connections, I'm a Texan. Am I the only one around here with any Texan pride? I'll continue to root for Texas teams. Even if they are considered a rival, when the game is over with the rival, if they have come out victorious, then it's time to get behind your state/division/conference, etc. I have always thought that for all sports, not just NBA basketball. I would hope the Spurs and Mavs fans would have the same attitude (I know of many who do, including my mom who supports the Rockets in any game they're not playing the Spurs because she knows they are my favorite team) but even if they don't, it really doesn't affect my attitude, as I am watching the teams, not the fans.

Some of you have a very immature and unwelcoming attitude. Always trying to downgrade the fan status of people (calling people YOFs, saying "you're not a real fan if you root for the mavs", etc.) I don't feel the need to shut the door of Rocket fanmanship on those who would cheer them on. I will be watching til the last Rockets game and rooting them on whether that is the last game of the regular season or game 7 of the finals, and I won't turn off the tv or leave the chatroom until the final whistle. Now tell me who is the "real rockets fan" if I'm not welcome in your narrow exclusive club.

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

you make me want to slap you

6. BigSherv

Hey, hey, hey now, Dirk prefers to be called an anal spelunker

7. BigSherv

Amen man. Wy wife is from SA and her family are die hard Spurs fans. But if any game has any bearing on with the rockets... 'ef em and their silver dancers.

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Screw Dallas!

Screw their people, pro teams, lifestyle and everything else up their in credit card millionaire town

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I love Texas but lets be real the only reason Texas is great is the Houston and Austin area's and it's definatly not great because of fake dallas

10. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

BINGO!!!! except the "right or not" part. I hated the Mavs like nothing else because of the crap they pulled last year, starting with Flopwitski. I've never seen anyone that throws their arm up in the air every time they lose the ball just to draw a foul.... Oh wait, there's Karla friggin Baloney. Yeah, I hate the Mavs and their stinking "LOOK AT ME" owner.

On the other hand, I don't believe that it's wrong to like another team and be a Rockets fan. I don't see how any of you can go around telling people that they aren't "real" fans if they like another team after the Rockets. Personally, I really don't, but I do respect certain teams. However, when they play the Rockets, it's on. But to respect the Mavs?!? You obviously aren't much of a Rockets fan to even consider that the Mavs "deserved" anything. If you see those games in those Red goggles as a Rockets fan, you would've known that they are a bunch of cheap cheats that can't win a game without their owner crying to the league and Dirk flopping with arms flailing like RyBo.

11. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

As long as Mark Cuban is the Mavericks' owner, I hope the Mavs always come up frustratingly short in their championship chases.

I cannot <b>stand</b> that self-aggrandizing billionaire jocksniffer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I hate to admit it, but Cuban's absolutely the only thing I like about the Mavs. Cuban's great for the NBA.

13. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

If the Rox don't make it this year, I think I'll root for Miami, even though Pat Riley sux. I'd like to see Shaq get another ring while Kobe is sitting on the couch.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Banning is too good for this guy. I say we send him to Gitmo.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Mavs have been spanked lately. They looked like they were the elite team in the West, but SA and the Suns changed all that. I think those losses really hurt them. If the Rockets don't make the playoffs I feel no obligation to cheer for Texas teams. I will watch the playoffs, but I will pick some underdog to cheer for, temporarily, just for fun. I am only serious about the Rockets, period.

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

if i see you on the street ...you better call the police