1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets had kept Lou Will, Montrezl, & Bev instead of trading for CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe if we picked and chose the and played out the game on paper

CP3 will help us win a championship
    They others may help us get to a Championship

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . . I don't think CP3 will be as big an Albatross as people think

We need to find our new Sam Cassell in the next Draft though

Rocket River

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I totally forgot about that guy!!!
    and I liked Sam

[​IMG]
    ClutchFans . . .. . . . . .. and Sam

Rocket River

4. vince

vince Member

It was a good trade for both teams. I’m sure each team would do it again.

The clippers with CO3/Griffin had gotten stale and were not gelling anymore. Teams going through the motions isn’t too exciting of a product. The Rockets needed another superstar to anchor the offense to alíviate Harden carrying all of the load his way....

Both teams got what they wanted out of the trade. Houston got its superstar point guard, the Clippers got young and exciting.

Did Houston overpay? Maybe, but it was a calculated risk.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Trez is the only player I really wish they still had. Trez being the back up 4/5 on this team would be amazing.

Ceiling is higher with CP3 than it is with Bev and Lou. Lou never really fit in here anyway with his extremely poor defense.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gordon can play defense. Lou can't.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. Just wow.

Hey OP, don't forget this guy, who would be an All-Star for us if we hadn't made that trade:

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw not needed. This not the old NBA. We have a second pg...harden. I keep saying this until I speak it into existence..all we need to do.is add butler 5o extend our window n cp3 career. At some point we have to transition cp3 to your 3rd best player. Butler would do that. Cp3 would still be your most important player. But butler would help harden during the reg season so he can stay fresh. Then in the playoffs cp3 would run the team while butler focuses on d n second units..he would be an super ariza for us. I really really really hope we go hard after him. To me it's the only move to make that makes us better. Please morey please. I just know. With him we good for the rest of cp3 contract

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his but a jumpin

10. Mr. Space City

Players that are about to lose in the first round are better than players that helped us be up 3-2 over the warriors last year and will most likely get out the first round this year lmao

harold bingo likes this.
  11. ronclone

ronclone Member

Completely agree, this is a top heavy league... you need at least 2 elite players to make noise in the playoffs, the rockets have that with cp3... amazing how OP cant remember last years playoffs, CP3 was arguably the most impactful player in several important games, specially when the other team focused on the Beard or when he was tired, we needed someone to take control of games... none of that players could have do half what he did...

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When in Montrezl's contract up
    and
    Do you think he will get Capela money?

Rocket River

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's got one more year at the same 6 mil salary he's making this season. I'd be stunned if he didn't at least double that amount in the summer of 2020.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Ok, smart ass. If you would read instead of trying to be the smartest guy in the room, you would see I said trade. If you don’t want to do the trade yea we could have kept those players. Both you can’t do both.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

We had to all of those players for salary matching purposes.

so yeah we had to give up a lot and we have up much less than what OKC did for George they have up a near MVP and a figure all-star.

17. YaoMingsSoulja

sweet Lou didn't fit, as good as he was. He dominates the ball in the 4th, doesn't play good defense so he can't play next to Harden. It didn't work. EG was and is the better fit. Great trade for both teams.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

stay off the WEEEEEEEEEEEEED

19. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Lou wasnt a great fit here, he needs the ball in his hands but Trez woudlve been outstanding here but we have Faried. Trez gonna get a really nice contract when he hits free agency.

D-rock and bulkatron like this.
  20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We saw some version of that in 16-17. Our offense becomes predictable, and teams can just load on Harden and challenge other guys to make a play. Not a recipe for success.

(Trez is also going to get paid)