1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Spurs win, who gets Finals MVP?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCII, Jun 16, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who gets Finals MVP?

1. Tony Parker

94 vote(s)
    25.1%
  2. Danny Green

196 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Tim Duncan

25 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. T-mac

59 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

voted T Mac to subvert this poll.

I think Tony Parker will get it but Danny Green deserves it imo. It's finals MVP not regular season MVP in which Green would've had to perform all season the same way he's doing in this series.

2. VanityHalfBlack

And bitter sports fan are worried about Spurs being our rival?? I think OKC got our number once Westbrook comes back and if we play OKC again in the playoffs they or especially Westbrook will annihilate us..

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There is absolutely no way to tell at this point. Green could go cold at any moment, Parker is still in the mix, hell if this series goes 7 and Manu puts together 2 more great performances along with a game winner he could win it.

I'm not sure Parker was the best team on the Spurs when he won it. I'm not sure Billups was the best player on the Pistons when he won it. It's rare, but occasionally you get teams like that, this Spurs team is one of them.

That's not Westbrook's backyard is it? :eek:

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Should be either Duncan or Parker. I'd lean towards Duncan b/c in addition to putting up points, he's anchoring the defense and getting rebounds.

I'm unsure about Green's chances b/c Ray Allen didn't win FMVP when he was with Boston and set the record for most 3 pointers made (which were shot at a high percentage).

5. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

lol YES!:cool:

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Someone please help me understand something please. Do people believe that Danny Green is an above average player now and should get paid big bucks because he is one of the best players now, or are we all just agreeing he is having an amazing run in the finals?

7. Shakee

Shakee Member

I chose T-Mac because if it wasn't for him simulating LeBrons ability in practice....:cool:

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

We are saying Danny Green is better than Lebron James.

9. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Danny Green is a big reason for at least 2 of the Spurs wins IMO..He's my pick..I really think giving up so many 3's to one player can really reduce another teams confidence..The fact that now the Heat have to worry about keeping a defender on Green, that opens up the floor a bit more for Parker to attack the basket or Duncan to work in the post.

10. likestohypeguy

Leonard deserves it.
    Parker or Green will get it.
    I'm rooting for:

DuhUUUUUncan

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Alright thanks for clearing that up

12. QazQay

QazQay Member

It SHOULD be Duncan
    It WILL be Parker

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Finals MVP is dumb, should be Playoffs MVP.

AND should be TP.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Danny Green's tweet after the Thunder defeated the Spurs in last year's WCF:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If....only if....<a href="https://twitter.com/DGreen_14">@DGreen_14</a> wuda hit a shot, mighta been a diff series...suppose to b a shooter n doesn't show up on the big stage smh</p>&mdash; Danny Green (@DGreen_14) <a href="https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/statuses/210584987634896897">June 7, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I too believe that the Finals MVP should be the player that plays the best basketball throughout the playoffs that has their team standing as champs...If that is the case, the Tony Parker should be your Finals MVP...but this MVP Award wouldn't surprise me if Danny Green and Tony Parker were Co-MVPs...could happen...

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Unless Green completely goes off Parker will and should win it.

Parker is the one commanding the attention to get green these shots.

If Duncan has a good game he could still win it, Leonard should also get some attention.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i want green to win it

but it will probably be parker

18. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Parker's contributed more as a whole if reaching the Finals is also inclusive. They wouldn't be in this position without him to begin with. However in these finals, it's hard to argue for either/or. They both have a strong case and are both equally deserving... but Danny Green has probably been the one that has had more impact.

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Then Parker should hand Duncan his 2007 MVP.

20. cw3k

cw3k Member

It will be Parker. Yes, Green is doing good, but if you are watching the game, you will see Heats directed a lot of energy on Parker, especially when Parker was in the paint. When Parker was in the paint, all 5 Heats closed in on Parker. I do not see they are doing that much on Green. Maybe on game 6, they will try to trap him.