1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Rockets had last year's #1 overall pick, who would they take?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston Native, May 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Rcokets had last year's #1 overall pick, who would they take?

This is my first post. I'm a native Houstonian and long time Rockets fan (since they moved from San Diego). If we had last year's overall #1, would we still take Eddie? I think I would, but it will probably be a couple more years before a reasonable conclusion could be reached. Just a thought.

Houston Native

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't know but I have heard that they would have picked Eddie Griffin with the 1st pick.

3. rw7183

rw7183 Contributing Member

I think they would have taken Battier. He was universally known as a solid player who would contribute right away and that is what the Rockets were looking for.

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

5. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Probably Griffin or trade down for Gasol or Battier.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

after we traded for griffin rudy said he was the first player on our wishlist, but he never thought we could get him.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

They would have taken Griffin, and dozens of people on this board would have b****ed for months about how he's too soft and plays too far from the basket and we should have traded the pick for Lamar Odom and a ham sandwich.

8. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

I'd do it for Odom and a Turkey Sandwich, Ham is too big of a liability.