1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Only We Could Land DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RestHarden, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mightybosstone

The other thing that OP is forgetting here is that if the Rockets do this deal, they have literally no PFs on the roster. They'd be trading their starter in a position that's already insanely thin for a backup at a position that's not thin at all when Nene is healthy. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Now if they could deal Ryno and somehow add a quality replacement 4 in the process, I wouldn't mind it. But I'm not in favor of dealing Ryno just to get rid of him with no replacement in site, and frankly, this is probably a moot point as there's zero chance the Clippers would deal DJ AND take on Ryno's albatross of a contract in the process.

topfive likes this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Clippers will not touch Ryan Anderson's contract.

3. txn

txn Member

The only one advantage we have a better chance to beat Warriors than the other teams in NBA is that we got many deadly 3 point shooters. As Morey said, "the only way to beat warrior is with 'barrage of 3-pointers'". Now you want to trade away 2 of our best snipers for 1 soft scorer (Lou never proved in the playoff, his performance only good on paper when the game doesnt matter too much) and 0 offense big? I know both Ryan and EG is struggling this season with 3 point shooting. But as bad as they are, the other teams will still have put a defender on them at all time and that already help the team way more than your trading targets.

4. txn

txn Member

The only one advantage we have a better chance to beat Warriors than the other teams in NBA is that we got many deadly 3 point shooters. As Morey said, "the only way to beat warrior is with 'barrage of 3-pointers'". Now you want to trade away 2 of our best snipers for 1 soft scorer (Lou never proved in the playoff, his performance only good on paper when the game doesnt matter too much) and 0 offense big? I know both Ryan and EG is struggling this season with 3 point shooting. But as bad as they are, the other teams will still have put a defender on them at all time and that already help the team way more than your trading targets.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  6. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Replacing a SG with a SG who we already know and bringing in a backup Center who Paul knows . . . yeah . . . totally just games and no idea about chemistry.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Sure getting rid of Ryan's contract is a plus, but DJ can't shoot 3s. Rockets still need a stretch 4 replacement.

8. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

No, that's not what happened. I saw what happened. The reason he disappeared for Houston in the playoff was that we hardly passed him the ball for two quarters, then when the pressure was on him, we gave him the ball and said now make some shots. That's now how it works. With Paul here now would use him more wisely.

Perhaps Gordon is more clutch than Williams, but I don't think Williams is a choker. Williams put up 50 points against the Warriors this year. The Clippers beat the Warriors by roughly 20 points off the back of Williams'.

Anyway, I doubt the Clippers would say yes to this because there's no real reason for them to . . . but I'm shocked nobody wants this. Just an obvious deal to make.

9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

NBA rules don't allow you to reacquire a player that you traded until the end of the next season.
    The earliest that we could trade for Lou Williams would be this summer. Same for Harrell.

10. aroundtheblock2

Its just stupid to tie up $20 million in a back up center. Not enough minutes to get your money's worth and even if he played all the possible minutes the benefit is minimal compared to the cost.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

You were saying :(