1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Miami doesn't win a title this year...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Feb 24, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Heat are probably the most fortunate NBA team right now and for the next decade.

1. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are a really great trio.

2. LeBron is arguably the best player in the league, probably the most complete. Even as he gets older and his athleticism declines, he could still work from the post or pile up assists on the wing (6-9 per game).

3. Their bench is upgraded, deeper, and healthy, while they simply need to keep their draft picks, like the Spurs and keep getting good players through the draft and not sleep on lower draft picks (like the Bulls and Lakers).

4. All of the other Eastern teams heavily flawed right now, except Chicago. Most of the other teams are several moves away from seriously contending.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Umm, have you seen them play this season yet?
    [​IMG]

plutoblue11
    Your forgetting the Sixers.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I was thinking about this the other day. If Miami loses in the playoffs:

1) Fire Eric Spoelstra and hire a new coach.
    2) Wait for Morey to become available and pry him away from the Rockets. He will turn the team around with his asset radar.
    3) Shop Bosh around (he is the only one of the big 3 that does not have a no trade clause).

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yeah, and that's the dumb part, because last time I checked there was nothing illegial about building your team through free agency. If that's an issue then why even have the option, if you are going to blast guys for using it. They built their teams by signing free agents. It's not different than someone building their team by trades, and it's not the greatest assembly of talent that we have seen play together. If there is nothing wrong with Jordan playing with Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc and a bunch of quality shooters and centers then there shouldn't be anything wrong with what Miami did. Why....just because guys exercised their free agency rights to make it happen?

They got draft picks in return for a free agent. Not bad. The dude was a free agent...not under contract.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

You do realize this isn't just about the players but the league. Teams as it is are struggling badly and obviously there is no clear cut on where many teams will land.
    You stack a few more super teams and then see how the shift in power changes, this is the biggest scare. Some teams as it is seem to play at a high school level.
    Why do you think LeBron gets so much hate? Is it just because he left Cleveland or is it because of how he did it?
    Draft picks replacing a DH, LBJ type caliber player? You have got to be joking.
    Yes the Cavs did get a great young players, but please estimate and remind me when they will be a contender anytime soon. Not only does the rebuilding process take years but that will of coarse influence more great players to team up.
    I personally think its way more fun to watch a league where any team can win on any given night, (chances are very slim of that now) and its pretty clear who's meeting at the conference finals.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you talking about the Eastern Conf team that has lost 5 straight and now have the same record as the Rockets?

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Because no team can lose 5 games in a row and still be a threat :rolleyes:

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't put the Sixers on the same level as the Bulls.

They're on 2nd tier with Indiana, Orlando and Atlanta.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What does any of that have to do with those 3 deciding to sign in Miami?

If you stack a few more power teams together how will it be any different from what we have seen since 1980? I'm talking about the end product. When has the league ever not had 4-5 super squads with a chance to win while most other teams don't?

I think folks hate on him for different reasons, and it's not like he doesn't bring some of it on himself. But as far as what the Heat did, I see nothing wrong with it. 3 free agents signed with one team and there is nothing wrong with building your team through free agency. If they decided to play in Houston no one here would be complaining about it.

No, I'm not joking. He was a FREE AGENT. After his contract is up he is no longer yours. What rights does a team have to get anything back for a free agent? He fulfilled his contract to the Cavs.

Then they should have done a better job convincing him to stay. But free agents do decide where they wanna play, and if they want to leave the old team isn't entitled to receive anything.

Then I guess you haven't been watching much basketball in the last 3 decades, because 90% of the seasons we already know which teams will be competing for the title. We get a few surprises (when we won, 04 Pistons, Mavs last year) but generally you haven't been watching that type of league and nothing Miami did changes that. The product is the same.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'm on your side trust me, i have no problems with the Heat and actually enjoy them dominating but my personal opinion is that if too many teams grab a hold of it it'll just weaken the league as a whole.
    I understand they are free agents however its just common courtesy ( i know i know its a business).

11. white-lite

white-lite Member

They upgrade the coaching...

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

if miami doesn't win this year then i'll do what i did last year which is turn off the tv and say theres always next year

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If an Eastern Conference team at the ASG break has the same record as the Rockets, they are not on the same level as Chicago. Give me a break! :rolleyes:

You are what your record says you are.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Miami doesn't win a title this year.... my gut feeling says someone else might win it.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

You realize the Celtics beat a very good Lakers team when all three of their starters were in their mid-30s?

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

^ eh, sorry. Early 30s.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When their contracts come up . . . will they all be able to be resigned

Rocket River