1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if melo is the answer someone is asking the wrong question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lewlloydfan, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is this Mr. Motiejunas or his sister?

Daddy Long Legs and Pounder like this.
  2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Another worthless thread.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP has htowndumbass's stamp of approval. that tells you all you need to know right there . . .

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Just when I think Clutchfans couldn't possibly be any dumber, we go and get a thread like this. AND IT TOTALLY REDEEMS ITSELF!!!

5. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

It's a matter of putting the player in the right situation. With the right players around him is effort and attitude should improve. (we all hope! )

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I agree he is an upgrade over Anderson. But you cannot just do a player-to-player comparison. It isn't NBA 2K17. Melo has a poor track record of losing every year and there is a risk that his ego may destroy the team chemistry and make the team worse.

Having said that I would still trade for Melo. With the way Warriors is dominating the league, you don't really have a choice. Staying put is not an option if you want to compete with them. You have to add star players whenever they are available and see if things will work out themselves. If not, you just have to move on, like what we did with Dwight Howard.

No Chance likes this.
  7. Chamillionaire

When you have Harden and CP3, you need guys that can make buckets. Can't think of anyone better available than Melo.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What is a made mount ballhog?

10. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I don't always comment on Melo threads...but when I do, I feel like I am wasting my time. *

*insert obligatory Dos Equity dude

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's nice to see Pounder is still around even though his thread was closed. (he liked your post)

12. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3, jch1911 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I hate all the Melo threads, but not sure why OP is getting heat for posting a view different from the 100x other Melo threads we see. You may not like it, but he makes legitimate points.

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

Exactly dude **** Morey, you should apply for the front office so we can get some sense in their finally

Your apparently smarter than Harden, CP3, Lebron, Dame, the rockets, the cavs, Portland, okc, coach K, the United States of America, and basically any other contender in the NBA, and basically the entire sports world

Your ass basically described Harden:
    1) Honestly haven't seen harden make that many clutch(game winning/tie shots from outside the paint

2)Plays know D according to anyone outside Houston and half of Houston

3) I've seen this dude have a poor attitude from time to time, but I love this strip club before a game b*stard

4) He might be a team player besides him not eating or riding with the team. Also "no star wants to play with him"

5) I've seen threads over the years b****ing about hardens leadership so I don't need to explain myself. I've seen him slip in the playoffs almost every year

Also hardens record setting extension could be "crippling" to the teams cap space

Basically if you'd rather have Ryno over Melo your just a plain piece of ****.

We are basically the only team he wants to join so what the **** are you even talking about.

The more I think about this thread the more dumbfounded I get...... we want him because we are the only ****ing team he wants to join and we could have CARMELO ANTHONY instead of Ryan Anderson

Honestly kid what the **** are you even talking about... the **** you trying to prove here

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

To piss you off.

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

3/5 of his "legitimate points" almost describe harden

Go be a Portland fan with your "legitimate points" and tell me how fun a 1st round exit and tell me how you had "legitimate points"

What the **** are you even talking about. We want Melo cause we want that ring b****

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sit down and let the grown ups talk.

18. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

Carmelo Anthony has the worst winning percentage for any player in NBA history with at least 50 playoff games. Anthony's teams have a 16-36(.308) record during his playoff career with the Nuggets and Knicks

the key word is nba history, keep that in mind

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

They have, every star/team within contention wants Melo, so how about you sit down

What the **** are y'all even talking about with this "why would we want Melo" dumbshit

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Guess we should pass on Anthony Davis as well.