1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Mavs get Dwight and Deron......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketfan713, May 1, 2012.

1. Homey the Clown

And it has consistently been like that for a while. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Essentially correct. My gut is telling me that they have a real shot at D Williams. Not such a good one at Howard. Didn't intend for this to turn into a Mavs thread. What caught me by surprise was all of the talk about their going after Dragic if they can't get D Williams. That sort of came out of nowhere on Tuesday up here.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Worst = bad, badder, baddest.

Rox are good, good enough to be p/o contender in either conference; not good enough to be in June consideration. That is our problem and screw whatever problems Mavs face. They'll deal w/their own ugly selves and Rox will continue to push onwards.

I believe. I believe this is the off-season to threaten to annex Lone Star Supremacy!

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Brooklyn Nets will get both players. JayZ has more pull than Mark Cuban. People will be scratching their heads when Deron is re-signed. Howard may be traded elsewhere but he will likely follow.

The Nets are hot right now.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i also suspect that howard ends up in brooklyn.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

The thing about overseas if that while I obviously don't pay much attention to Dallas, I've seen ( really bad) threads by Dallas fans in other forums where they somehow magically get all three and a super supporting cast on top of that cast. But in those I've never seen the Dallas fans propose "We can offer overseas player X to dump Marion/Odom/Carter", but instead it's draft picks or Beaubois or Wright. That suggests to me that they don't actually really have anyone big overseas.

7. HillBoy

They don't.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

You can't argue that he has gotten more results than our celebrated brain trust. At least he hasn't being running in circles for years and years, playoffs every year.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes, he had good results last year. He put together a team that won the title. He finally won it all after 12 years of trying to build around his superstar. I get that.

Thats not the argument. The argument I have that the same things that Rockets fan's b**** about with Les & Morey are the same things that Mav's fans b**** about with Cuban.

You dont know how many times you hear the "treats players like assets" talk up here, and bashing Cuban for chasing after a star when they should be tanking to rebuild. Other than the fact that Cuban went way over the lux tax for the past few years when he affordably could, Cuban is pretty much the drunken frat boy version of Morey/Les.

The only difference in their teams is Cuban has had Dirk for the past 12 years to continue to build around year after year. If Les/Morey had a healthy Yao for 12+ years do you think they would have went to the finals twice? We might never know that, but I think its not that hard to concieve.

I just want everyone on Clutchfans to realize that their beloved Cuban gets bashed just as much if not more in Cowboy country. The grass isnt always that much greener.

That being said, I think Cuban is a great owner, and they are lucky to have him in Dallas. Les isnt at his level but neighter are 95% of owners in professional sports.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Ironically, that's exactly how I felt about the Mavs until they finally put it together last year. The Mavs once had a future 2-time MVP and probably the best PG of the last decade. And they let him go for nothing in order to sign Erick freaking Dampier.

Cuban's calculator that showed Dampier > Nash was the type of thinking that caused the prime-Dirk Mavs to get screwed in the playoffs every year in the first place. It also forced the Mavs to give up a ton of stuff just to find Nash's replacement in and old Jason Kidd years later. If that's not running in circles, I don't know what is.

11. HillBoy

Going In Circles by The Friends Of Distinction is my official theme song for the Mavericks under Mark Cuban. If I may interject here:

They signed Dampier based on his play during his contract season when he actually showed up for games and played basketball. They needed a center because the Shawn Bradley Part Deux episode crashed and burned...again (funny how EVERYONE in creation except Mark Cuban knew that SB couldn't play).

It was Cuban who F'd the Nash episode. Mark had it in his mind that Nash was fast approaching the end of the line so he low-balled him in contract talks. He could have signed Nash well before the end of that season but decided to let Nash test the market. Well, PHX offers him stupid money and Cuban - already burned by Bradley's & LaFrenz's contracts refused to match the PHX offer. The rest, as they say, is history. BTW, Cuban is getting roasted alive all over the place today after last night's Mav meltdown. It's is so funny to listen to all of the Mav ass-kissers turn on Cuban because of the Chandler, Barerra, Butler & Odum mistakes.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

As far as trades go, Brook Lopez is the next best thing that the Magic can get. Bynum is too loopy, all they have to worry about with Lopez is his injuries and they can build around him along with any picks they get out of the deal.