1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les really cares about winning he needs to do it by selling tickets to people who care about the

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ghost_of_Akeem, Dec 21, 2014.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Fixed

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yup. Can't wait for that to happen to the Warriors.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup. Unrelated, looks like OP was banned/suspended.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Fans leaving leaving early.

People gonna miss James harden drop 50.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay. Dropped 44. Whatever.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Les should just buy all the tickets to the other team's games so the opposing stadiums are silent. Kim Jong-un it.

7. Bob Barker 007

I hate it when the Red Rowdies do their own chant completely different from the sound from the PA system. I mean, WTF? Can the Red Rowdies not coordinate with the PA system? That alone affects fan behavior at the games. Are we supposed to cheer with the Red Rowdies or with the PA system?

8. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Not going to lie it can be freaking annoying sitting next to people like you because yall think you're funny

9. awc713

awc713 Member

Every true fan is a red rowdie. Completely agree. Our games would get much louder if they coordinated.

10. Bob Barker 007

I'm glad someone understands. The "Red Rowdies" are a bunch of self-righteous a$$holes that can't keep a beat with their stupid drums. I would understand if it was like a Dynamo game, where the fans start all the chants. It's not, however, and they make the game experience worse, not better.

11. Amir's Johnson

So true.

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I've seen an informed explanation of the season ticket holder situation posted on this board in the past, but I honestly can't remember what it was. If anyone can find it or restate it, that would be very much appreciated.

I think the Rockets are definitely top 5 from an ownership/management standpoint in the NBA (and my personal opinion is top 2), but they fail big-time on attendance and ticket sales. I remember when Mack Brown started coaching at UT. There was a huge problem with ticket sales, and the lower seats were notoriously empty and quiet. He started a huge campaign with these (admittedly idiotic) t-shirts that said "Come early, be loud, stay late" and for whatever reason, it worked. That campaign combined with an improved program started the ball rolling. The ticket sales at the time were so bad that you could get a $5 ticket on the day of the game for EVERY home game.

Anyway, saying Houston is a football town is ridiculous... Houston is one of the biggest cities in the US so I find it very hard to believe they can't fill an arena with fans given the great product they are putting on the court. Compared to the operations side of the Rockets office, the sales side must be filled with r****ds (sorry, not PC). It must be like an MIT lab in operations, and an OU kinesiology class in the sales department. Pathetic. Morey should run stats on how a home crowd can win games... I'm sure there are 2 or 3 wins that could be had with that (home court advantage), so why aren't they doing something about it?

13. Doctor Robert

A couple other comments:
    --The flash seats ticketing system sucks. My mom (typical non-computer savvy fan) calls me when she wants to buy tickets so I have to do it for her. It's worse than programming a VCR. Maybe someone should hire a better web developer?
    --Again, based on my mom, who is a long time fan... when the new channel started recently, she told me she didn't even know the player's names any more. I don't care about politics, and I never read anything about the situation with the coverage, but that was a phenomenally effective way of killing whatever fan support they had. Who knows how long it will take to get it back. Maybe they should make an effort to repair the damage?

14. Doctor Robert

Mark Cuban would have this pathetic home crowd fixed quickly.

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Fans will come when the team consistently performs well in the playoffs. We have passed the first round what once in the past 20 years?

16. Doctor Robert

That may be the best way to sell tickets, and the Rockets primary goal, but if making it to the playoffs is the only reason to watch sports, then every professional league in the US would collapse... particularly the other 2 leagues that have much smaller playoffs.

There are plenty of reasons to go see a game & get excited about them, and there are enough people in Houston to support all 3 major league teams.

This BBS is exhibit #1 in the argument. It's been going strong through the good years and the bad.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude was a troll. He made no bones about it.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Rockets do not have a poroblem selling tickets in the club area. Those are accounts that are very taken care of and have been renewed since the Compaq center. I know because when you ask if there are seat available there for season tickets reps say only on the end row of the baseline towards the back. Did i mention those seats cost $10K a year?

The tickets that aren't sold are spots behind the red rowdies and the upper level so basically the places not on screen during telecasts.

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I think the Astros proved that the grass isn't always greener with a new owner...

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Technically, the easiest way to generically determine who most wants to be there is to see who is willing to spend the most amount of money on it (we understand we can't ask for the customer's income statements or the like right?).