1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les really cares about winning he needs to do it by selling tickets to people who care about the

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ghost_of_Akeem, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

The atmosphere would of been better if it was less urbanized music be played. Need a little more opera to get the heart pumping.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A very large percentage of those routinely empty seats in the lower bowl are not owned by individuals but businesses most of which are sales oriented and use them as a means to entertain clients.

3. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

Hey I'm looking into going to my first rockets game and I wanted some advice. Which seats are considered decent seats? Where is the most affordable place to purchase tickets? Best place to pregame? I'm trying to go possibly in early January. Trying to make my first rockets game a memorable one.

4. awc713

awc713 Member

I'm curious as to why other teams don't have the same problem...Rockets have a fantastic fan base, but our attendance pales in comparison to other stadiums.

5. CertifiedTroll

How is this an issue Les can fix?? If you buy a ticket and dont give half a **** to go to the game you are still supporting the team.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZvetXmOHVFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

NBA = Entertainment and a live game is just an experience.

Honestly I'm a huge Rocket's fan, and always will be. But after age of 30 it becomes hard to go nuts every time. Also, the wife isn't a huge basketball fans in general but still enjoy the overall experience at a game is still fun but I don't expect her to constantly cheer.

8. chandlerbang21

New rule " if your not In your seat or in Toyota center by halftime, your seat is up for grabs

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xCFEk6Y8TmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

What a great idea. This is totally gong to happen.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It's disappointing to say the least. Living here in Northern Cali and going to warriors and kings games....there is a clear difference in crowd noise.

And yes it makes a big difference. I've always found TC puzzling. So many Rockets fans yet the seats are empty. I know it might be corporate sponsors that don't show up to the games but man....why isn't this happening in other NBA cities?

12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

No it's not! GTFO of my sit! Haha

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm glad the rich folks pay for the team so I can watch them from my rare-back chair for free. I don't even watch the commercials.

Can you hear me screaming from my house?

14. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Any of you guys ever try to go to 41 basketball games? The Toyota Center crowd isn't great, but the excitement of going to a basketball game isn't the same when you have season tickets.

15. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Embarrassing to say the least

Texans games are a lot better tho

16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

While I do understand the OP's point, it has been stated for years now, I don't see how anyone can blame Les for it. While Les may not be the "perfect" owner, to me he has been a very good one. He has to sell those tickets to whomever will buy them at the highest price to be able to keep putting the best team out there that we can buy with our money and stay profitable. It is a business still for him ultimately.

With that being said, we do need a SOLUTION for this problem and not just complaints. Even recently Dwight and Harden were speaking about and asking our fan base to support them more at home after the experience they had in Mexico. So here is my SOLUTION proposal:

I know the Rockets must have emails for all those season ticket holders that never show up to games. So they should set up a system where 1 hour before game time, they email or text those ticket holders and ask if they are attending the game or not, or have already given their tickets away. For those corporate sponsors that say no, they can be asked for permission to give their tickets away to deserving fans or for charitable reasons, etc.

Then the Rockets organization can have fans lined up that will show up at Toyota Center before tip off time with even less than an hour notice, because they are sort of "on call" if they want free tickets. Most of them should be people that are diehard hardcore Fans that can/may also do things like "Big Brother/Big Sister" and bring a less financially fortunate youth to the game to enjoy the experience and cheer more. Corporations will get the benefit of knowing that their tickets are being used and going to a great cause, as well as continuing to support the team's players by having a rabid cheering fan base at the stadium on time. Of course, anyone getting free tickets that can't show up before tip off, will have those tickets given to someone else who did show up on time.

This would help to not only have the seats filled at tip-off, but to have more people there that will also stand up and cheer. The other area that will need to be addressed is educating the ushers on understanding how to let rabid fans cheer without interrupting the experience unless they are clearly overboard with what is allowed by NBA rules.

If anyone in the Rockets organization reads this, I would be happy to volunteer my time for FREE to work on setting this up in exchange for being able to have a few of those tickets to bring some deserving kids to the games..with free food and drinks of course. ;)

It's a WIN-WIN situation for everyone involved...the corporate/season ticket holders that can't make it to games, the players, the fans, our city's reputation, the NBA and anyone else involved!

1 person likes this.
  17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Sounds good! If we can only dream right

18. bmd

bmd Member

Basketball isn't really celebrated in this city. The Rockets get very little local media help. With the Rockets being good, you'd think there would be a sense of excitement in the media... but nope.

It's almost like they report on the Rockets because they have to. Not because they are excited about Rockets basketball and want to.

It's almost like they say "and the Rockets won last night 101 to 93. Alright, now that we got that crap outta the way, let's talk about a real sport. The Texans are in the playoff hunt and..."

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You'd have to be blackout drunk to enjoy a Texans game at NRG. Half the crowd sure is.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not a Les hater of fan of his but I believe a new owner would probably bring innovation to this franchise.

Count me in on this.