1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If LeBron were to demand a trade, would the Rockets even entertain the idea of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would the Rockets even consider giving up Yao or McGrady for LeBron?

1. Might consider trading Yao for LeBron

119 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Might consider trading McGrady for LeBron

160 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Neither Yao nor McGrady is going anywhere, even for LeBron

284 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

No, I dont trade hakeem for jordan.

I like more the dream

2. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

I cannot agree more. It's too early to talk about how great James is. Now, I would consider TMac for James simply because of age and salary. Yao is untradable unless you are going to get a good center or PF. Ask TMac or K. Bryant how valuable a good center is. The only way you could trade Yao for a guard is if you get M Jordan before he wins his 6 rings, and, you can see the future.

3. McMingDynasty

McMingDynasty Contributing Member

I totally agree with osa420. I've been a huge Kobe fan, but now that T-Mac is with us and I been watching the rockets games much more i have seriously grown to love mcgrady now. He's such an unselfish player with seemingly low ego. I remember when he first came to the team he didn't even try to take over the team like it's his. Being a superstar that he is, that's pretty amazing. He tried to put Yao ahead of him and all that, plus his calm personality just makes him extra cool on/off the court. =) if we trade either yao or mcgrady for lebron i will never watch another rockets game and i'm gonna burn all my rockets jersey. =P

4. McMingDynasty

McMingDynasty Contributing Member

T-Mac > LeBron, (atleast now) why?

McGrady led Orlando to the playoffs in 2001 and he didn't have a decent big man with him or anything else while LeBron atleast has Big Z, who's probably a top 5 Center today.

Also we haven't seen how well LeBron plays in the playoffs and we know that T-Mac is proven to put up big numbers in the playoffs.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No

6. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Lebron+Yao combo is a dynsty, Lebron+TMAC is unknown.

7. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You mean one proven player and one unproven one is better than two proven players??????

8. zong

zong Member

Tmac and LeBron, two shooters for one ball, a chemistry problem here. It only make sense to get Duncan.

9. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

should be 3-unproven players

10. Robjos

Robjos Member

Its incredible how you guys can even entertain the idea of this being a possibility, havent you've been reading all season long at the kind of problems the cavs have because lebron thinks hes the owner of the team and that he can make things his way just because he's "King James" well i say f*** that, we dont need that type of player in our team. so Hell NO i wouldnt trade neither yao or mcgrady, even if james have exeptional talent... its not worth it if his team cant win.

11. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Lebron is the most coveted player in the league right now because of his current skills, age, and upside. Anyone would trade any one player for him. Shaq, Duncun, T-Mac, Iverson - any of them for LeBron. Lebron is putting up SICK numbers at the age of 20 and shows signs of just getting better and better.

Think of it this way, if you were to have a draft today of all players, who'd be the number one pick? Who would you build your team around? I think you'd look young and just talented across the board. And that really means LeBron or Shawn Marion. Other players (Iverson, Baron Davis, Carter) have injury issues, and others (Duncun, Shaq, etc) are aging. Yao is not a proven entity, so that leaves guys like T-Mac, KG, Nowitzski, J O'Neal, Bryant. These guys are the current superstars, but all have flaws in their game.

Lebron is the complete player - team and individual, power and finesse, consistent and clutch....assists, rebounds, points, steals, blocks, defense - he does it all.

He isn't moving unless the Cav's brain just goes completely dead.

12. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Who here even remembers the stuff sportswriters were writing before LeBron even played a single regular-season game? Remember: he was averaging 4 or 5 ppg in the pre-season of his rookie year.

1. Everyone was beginning to label LeBron a project...someone who needed years of development.

2. Then, he came in his rookie year and surprised everyone with how good he already was. Nobody had ever played so well directly out of high school.

3. The next year (this year), he made huge improvements to his game stat-wise all across the board. Now he's the next "great one," the savior of NBA basketball.

4. Unless the Cavs make some noise next season in the playoffs, I foresee a very quick media turnaround for LeBron.

Does this 4-step process sound familiar at all? Ahem...Yao Ming
    He went from bust...
    to surprisingly good
    to the next great center, revolutionizing the game...
    to huge disappointment

LeBron is a good basketball player with the potential to be absolutely great. Unfortunately, this "potential" is precisely what the media loves to blow out of proportion.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I was thinking that I would not trade Tracy for Lebron, but I may be swayed a little after reading this year's stats. The guy averages more in almost every catagory. Lebron's one downfall is that he averages 0.8 more turnovers per game. If I was in charge of this negotiation I would only reject the trade because I think that Tracy works well with Yao. Not that Lebron wouldn't, but why mess with a very good thing?

Back to DeAleck, good hypothetical! It's tricky. You have the next great player barring something weird happening vs. a guy that is working very well right now. Always a tough choice. I think this is what Caroll went thru in the off season on trading Steve. Things were finally looking up and he pulled the trigger. Hindsite is twenty-twenty, but that Steve/Cato/Cuttino scenario had to be tough.

I love this site when I've had a beer or two!
    (and other times)

14. Emelim03

Emelim03 Member

:cool:

I like Yao, don't get me wrong. Could you imagine us with KG and T-Mac? I think that it would be awesome. KG has playoff experience and T-Mac is well, T-Mac. LOOK. The only way that you can beat a teams like Pheonix, San Antonio, Detroit, Miami is to be able to be physical with them. Get your hands dirty when cleaning the glass (Yao needs work in Rebounding) and make your presence known. T-Mac can take over scoring issues while KG is the equalizer against Tim Duncan. You all are talking about 5-7 years from now and it's okay to think ahead, but I would not mind having a down year say 7 or 8 years from now in order to make a championship run soon. The Suns are gonna be good for a long time, I don't see that changing and San Antonio is awesome all around when they have Timmy in the lineup. If given the opportunity to acquire the 2nd best PF in the business, I wouldn't mind trading Yao. Now.....ALL of this is Void if we at least make it to the Western Conference Finals. Yao just needs to get mean, and find a way to stay on the floor.

15. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

actually YAO and KG wil make it work. KG is not postup player at all