1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If LeBron were to demand a trade, would the Rockets even entertain the idea of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would the Rockets even consider giving up Yao or McGrady for LeBron?

1. Might consider trading Yao for LeBron

119 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Might consider trading McGrady for LeBron

160 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Neither Yao nor McGrady is going anywhere, even for LeBron

284 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron James stats don't reflect the kind passes he makes. For a 6-8 he has way better court vision than either Yao or T-mac. He is still 20. Everyone says we should compare Yao to Garnett's early years, but compare anyone to Lebron at age 20 and you can't. What was T-mac doing when he was 20? whining on the toronto bench. Lebron has taken a horrible team into a mediocre one. Give the man his props.

2. RocketsFan123

RocketsFan123 Contributing Member

After a long night of smoking crack, someone wrote- LeBron and T-Mac would surpass Jordan/Pippen. WTF? I don't care how great this 20 yr. old kid is. Neither LeBron or T-Mac have that burning desire and competitive nature and strength Jordan had in his prime all those years. Jordan was one of a kind. Jordan was a leader and took wanting to win to the extreme. LeBron and T-Mac do not have these qualities. What he had with Pippen was chemistry. T-Mac and LeBron in a fantasy world may be able to develop great chemistry if they were able to play together. But to compare this to the likes of Jordan (and you have to mention Pippen), never! Now maybe if you have T-Mac + LeBron + throw in this new Australian center coming up in the draft this summer, you might have something in a few years. But not 6 championships. Then you could compare LeBron + T-Mac + new Australian center to Jordan + Pippen + Luc Longley. But Luc Longley isn't the reason for all those rings Jordan has because he wasn't there the whole time so now there's no comparison. Nice try, no cigar. No consolation prize. Set pipe down.

#82 RocketsFan123, Apr 9, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Shebron has a better supporting cast than TMac.

Big Zitti
    Drew Gooden
    Jeff Mcinnis

Who does TMac have besides Yao.

4. RocketsFan123

RocketsFan123 Contributing Member

I think the real problem now is that basketball is missing a Dennis Rodman.

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Lebron = good player, yes. great player, no.
    He has a better supporting cast then T-Mac in Orlando and hasn't even reached the playoffs yet.

Looks like marketing is doing its job, all of you guys talk about his great "court vision". I fail to see it.

6. hotballa

they simply echo what they hear, don't blame them

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why WOULDN'T they entertain it?

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you don't think LeBron is a great player, you're not watching basketball.

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I would give up either players for Lebron. No offense to T-Mac (who is a top 10 player in the league) or to Yao (who potentially is one of the best players) but Lebron is the total package. He passes and gets his teammates involved is his most important asset. He makes his teammates better.
    If you pair LeBron with Yao, Yao would be better. if you put Lebron with T-mac it makes T-mac better. Imagine a team trying to defend T-mac and LeBron. Somewhere a 6'4 guard goes to matched up with one of these guys. I can't think of many teams which has to defenders that could match-up with those 2.

Bottom line is I'm thrilled to have T-mac and Yao. we have the potential to become a dynasty. But I would give up eitherone for LeBron.

10. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

LeBron played 1 season without the playoffs (and most of last year was without Ilgy, so no LeBron didn't have a better supporting cast). In his 2nd year Cleveland is likely to make the playoffs. What was T-mac doing in his 2nd year? Matter of fact how many 20 y/o's have ever led their team to the playoffs?

But I would honetly like to hear your evaluation on Yao. I mean if Lebron = Good I want to hear how you describe Yao.

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

And people gave me crap for my Tmac/Hakeem poll?

12. zong

zong Member

All I know is the LeBron'team lost again and again. For T-Mac, no thanks. Yao for LeBron + BigZ sounds good if Lebron requests a trade and the trade must involve Houston like the one of the T-Mac trade, then we have a good center, and a great team.

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

This is a dumb comparison. Most people know that T-Mac had to play second fiddle to Carter. He didn't really get much of a chance to prove himself until he landed in Orlando.

If given the chance, I think that most rookies these days can ball. The old fashion way of devloping a rookie for 2-3 years before they see significant playing time should be thrown out the window. There are some rookies that need the bench time to develop, but I dont think its necessary for most of them.

Look at Orlando, Nelson puts up similiar stats to Francis when given the opportunity to play. You also have to put into consideration the amount of minutes the players play to get their "STATS" and if their the "FIRST" option or not. What numbers would Yao put up if he didn't have to play year round basketball, was the first option, and was able to play 40 minutes a game? Everyone would be on his jock claiming him to be the second coming of Shaq.

Imo, I think how a player on the floor affecting the game, rather than stats is more important. To be honest, I dont have cable so I havent seen Lebron play many games, but by looking at his "stats", he is just a good player, not great.

14. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Tmac and Yao are great players but if they wanted either but not both i wouldnt think twice about doing it. I would feel like were shafting tmac tho.

15. max14

max14 Member

I guess people should settle for T-Mac > SheBron > Yao for now.

quote:
    "But do you have to be a "crewl" Orge like that ? In fact I've seen Orges nicer than you."

16. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Hakeem Olajuwon

17. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Hakeem with no big ego on court?

Duncan is a better example.

18. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I love it when people act like Lebron James is just some statistic and that's he's not going to be one of the great players of our generation. I also love it when people act like McGrady and James wouldn't be great together cuz they put up big numbers. What a Jack*ss!!

19. hotballa

He's payed two seasons LoL people have said the same things about Shawn Kemp and countless others after a good first 2 or 3 years in the league and tey never pan out.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I can't believe 26 7 7 is not impressing people these days.

How many people have done this? like 4?