1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If LeBron were to demand a trade, would the Rockets even entertain the idea of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would the Rockets even consider giving up Yao or McGrady for LeBron?

1. Might consider trading Yao for LeBron

119 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Might consider trading McGrady for LeBron

160 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Neither Yao nor McGrady is going anywhere, even for LeBron

284 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

where am I defending TMac on his demand for a trade?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You don't think 5 years is a big difference in a basketball career? Especially for an athletic guy? And TMac's health (back problem) is always a concern in the back many fans' mind.

3. hotballa

I think his injuries are catching up to him, probably the reaosn why he doesnt take it to the hole that much. He's been developing that jumper though, once he masters it, he'll be just as lethal as Jordan was after his first retirement

4. RocketsFan123

RocketsFan123 Contributing Member

How can anyone discuss trading Yao Ming? That is so stupid. Look at the Rockets- now imagine them with him gone. What center? Who? Yao Ming should never be traded. TD or Shaq maybe- and that would never happen. Not even Shaq. Shaq is on the top of the hill going down. He's had 3 rings and going into his mid 30s. Don't be too hasty w/ Yao and T-Mac (if T-Mac can stay healthy). Yao and T-Mac are close in age. If we can add LBJ, then great. But to swap T-Mac for a 20 yr. old he is better than, is stupid. Yao is on the rise . Yao is getting better and if we build around him a championship is coming within several years.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I like that.

6. RocketsFan123

Cool man.. great.. now we have no center! LOL

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Franchise,

Don't you and your Magic have a game to play or get ready for?

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Like whoa,

A RocketsFan123 post (actually a couple)! I thought you had gotten the axe dude. Maybe you have cut down on the coffee, LOL.

9. RocketsFan123

LOL.. Naa. Me and Clutch are boyz. We're tight.

#69 RocketsFan123, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  10. micah1j

micah1j Member

F*** No! How about some expiring contrats & some picks that is all.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I was going to laugh this thread off till I saw all these people refusing to trade Yao for LeBron. Then I REALLY started laughing.

Imagine the difficulty we'd have luring a big man to play alongside LeBron and McGrady. Boo f------ hoo.

12. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Riiiiiight! I am sure the Duncans, the Garnetts and the Amares of the league will simply jump at our MLE to play with Lebron and Tmac.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Bill Cartwright has 3 rings.

14. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I can't believe this is an actual thread

15. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Who was that scrub?

I dont remember any legend bigmen played as the 3nd fiddle.
    Rings only make stars legend.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

LOL! and that was just one of many unbelievable comments in this thread.

if you wouldn't trade either tmac or yao for lebron you should consider yourself wrong and evaluate whether you should continue posting.

we've got lebron is all stats or "i'm not sold on him." well then you won't be sold. triple doubles, 56 point games, selfless and a great passer who can still take a game over, the best physical package in the league, and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, all at only 20? are you kidding.

we need to show loyalty. uhhh yeah. just like i guess we should've hung onto francis when tmac was available. just like miami should've kept the successful rebuilding going and not gotten shaq for odom/butler. if you have a chance to get a better player and you've got 12 or 13 years of his prime to worry about making the pieces fit, you do it.

lebron for yao is even easier than lebron for tmac. one can at least say tmac is pretty much equal with lebron at this point. not even close with yao. yao doesn't even have as good a plus/minus as deke, so it's not like we'd die trying to replace him. lebron and tmac would have a solid chance to be better than jordan/pippen and offensively would surpass them. as for big men winning titles, shaq is gone in a few years and even though it's only a few years difference, duncan will be done before tmac. after that, what big man is going to dominate the league? dirk and kg are great but don't have the inside dominance that have separated shaq and duncan. yao hasn't shown he can even do what those guys do and he probably never will with his mobility. after that, i don't even see any other candidates to take over. some guard/forward dominated teams are going to have to start winning titles by default. tmac and lebron would be better than anything anyone could come up with.

trading for lebron is a no-friggin'-brainer, but we won't have to worry about it b/c we're never getting the chance.

17. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

would you trade Olajuwon for Jordan?? yes. and Yao will never be as good as Olajuwon. So james may never reach Jordan's level. But I'd bet the bank James becomes closer to Jordan than Yao does to Hakeem. And don't get me wrong. I LOVE Yao Ming. But for Lebron James. Of course we'd have to get some kind of postup game, but James and McGrady would be absolutely unbelievable.
    And then you've got trading McGrady for James. Of course!! If you look at James' stats this year and last, you'll see how much he's improved from one year to the next, and that his stats at 20 are mind boggling. Oh yeah, and don't forget the fact that he's MUCH younger and still developing. Granted, James probably won't get that much better, cuz if he does, he's gonna be averaging a triple double. And I also love McGrady, infact he was my favorite non-rocket when we traded that boner Francis for him, so you can imagine how happy I was for him to become a rocket, but I'm a believer that James is a once in a generation kind of player, so that's that.

18. hotballa

I love it when people treat basketball like its a fantasy league. Just throw talent on the same team, they'll win because they have the highest stat ratings

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The Portland TrailBlazers tried this formula and look where it got them!

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Only person i'll trade Yao for is Duncan. period. Yao might be 23, but i feel his more like a 21 year old. he still needs 3 to 4 years to reach his untapped potential.