1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If LeBron were to demand a trade, would the Rockets even entertain the idea of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would the Rockets even consider giving up Yao or McGrady for LeBron?

1. Might consider trading Yao for LeBron

119 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Might consider trading McGrady for LeBron

160 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Neither Yao nor McGrady is going anywhere, even for LeBron

284 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Sure. MeJack ;)

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I don't get all those ideas of would you trade this guy for your star, would you trade that even better star for your star? Believe me, you can NOT win anything if you keep rebuilding. We are set with TMac and Yao, and just give them time to develop, give the team time to gel and find the right pieces. That was our goal, that wouldn't and shouldn't change, even if a certain LBJ will be on the market. Players are human, and they are not machines. If you want them to succeed, show some loyalty and faith in them. Cut the "NBA is business" crap. Business is done by people. Try to cut a deal with someone you don't trust and someone doesn't trust you.

In early 90's, whether you choose Yahoo!, Microsoft, Cisco, or whatever crappy internet company stock, hold it, and sell it in 2000. You would be in retirement now or buying your own basketball team. In that period, they are all winners, but you have to wait till they win. If you jumped between them back and forth, forth and back, during that 10 years, you ended up with nothing. No need to argue whether LBJ is better than TMac and Yao. You set your direction, you go ahead and try your best. If it doesn't work, you might want to try something else. But one thing I am sure, if you try different direction everytime there is a rosey better way ahead of you, you will fail miserably.

LeBron is a great individual player. But he hasn't proved anything yet. Then we are all talking about trading our cornerstones with him. What if the deal can't go through? You didn't get your affair, and piss your wife off.

No, I won't trade Yao or Tmac for LBJ, even if he "will" surpass MJ. I put my money on Yao and Tmac, then I am going to let that money work. As simple as that.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't forget Yao Me-ing and Bob-me Sura, as well as David Wes-Me and Measpoon.

4. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, it is true, TMac's age is definitely a cause of concern. Why, oh why, did we give him such a large contract extension?!? :confused:

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

right...how about SheBron then?

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

TMAC is better player, LJ is not great player. I really don't understand if LJ is so great, why CAV still play bad with bigZ

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I would consider trading Yao if Deke was 21.

8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You'd have to go back till like, what? 1975?

9. rvpals

rvpals Member

IMO, it's stupid move. Deke doesn't have Yao's game even when he's 21.

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Since we are on this subject, and many out there still debate who is better, BigZ, or Yao, why don't we just do a swap,
    MeBron + BigZ <==> MeMac + BigY
    :D

11. hotballa

TMac + Tao >>>>> SheBron + Big Zitti

12. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Believe me, they are playing Fantasy Basketball. They "trade" players based on their stats.

13. hotballa

When people wonder stuff and rumors get tossed aorund, theres always some sort legit source out there. Put it this way, did we ever hear anything about Franchise wanting to leave Houston? For the first few years of his career when we couldnt make the playoffs, did anyone even hear any rumors about him wanting to leave? You never heard those kins of rumors about KG even though his team were perennial first round losers. I know, he never directly says he is thinking about it, but if people are speculating, there has to be some fire if theres smoke

14. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

No kidding. TMac is definitely on the wrong side of 25.

15. RocketsFan123

RocketsFan123 Contributing Member

I am surprised at how many people would give up T-Mac for LeBJ. Even LeBJ says T-Mac and Kobe are the hardest for him to guard. T-Mac blows LeBJ away every time they face each other. And giving up Yao would be the stupidest thing ever. He just keeps getting better and better.

#55 RocketsFan123, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN

This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen. Lebron demanded nothing. Shouldn't you wait to condemn a guy for demanding a trade until he ACTUALLY demands a trade? Further, the situation in Cleveland is different from the ones Vince Carter and McGrady went through. However, you'd know all of this if you actually read the article.

I sincerely doubt anyone really believes Lebron is going to bail on Cleveland before his rookie contract expires. Such speculation is just a way to generate interest with readers. It's really weird that people are just throwing it out there that he might demand a trade with absolutely nothing to support it.

17. hotballa

I didnt condemn him on demanding a trade, I condemned him on wanting to leave. Vince and Tmac wanted to leave by demanding trades. The situation is the same in all 3 places, whether it be instability at the top , the coaching level or the team itself, it ultimately comes down to failure that motivates these players to want to get out of a situation they're unhappy with. If SheBron is admant about not coming back, and the situation gets worse, I'm sure the Cavs will look at trading her before the rookie contract expires. Noone thought the situation with McGrady would get that bad in Orlando but it happened. I know SheBron is new p***y and all, but TMac is far far more accomplished than him at this point.

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! I don't know why, but that for some reason made me laugh:D

What is next, saying a player is on the "wrong side of 18"?:D

The madness has GOT to stop!

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

When did Lebron say that he wants to leave? If he ever did say something like that, it would be frontpage news.

Even if he did want to leave after his contract ends - that is his choice. If the new owner's a nut or cheapskate - then who would want to play for him? I don't see too many players vying for a chance to play for someone like Donald Sterling.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN

Exactly. He didn't declare he is even THINKING about leaving, much less contemplating demanding a trade. The whole article is just one guy speculating that he must be very unhappy with the ongoing events within the Cavs organization. Most superstars would be. Lebron seems to have handled it all remarkably well if you ask me. The way Hotballa is bashing him when he's done nothing yet is ridiculous. It's even more ridiculous when he seems to be defending T-Mac, who actually did demand a trade.