1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If LeBron were to demand a trade, would the Rockets even entertain the idea of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would the Rockets even consider giving up Yao or McGrady for LeBron?

1. Might consider trading Yao for LeBron

119 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Might consider trading McGrady for LeBron

160 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Neither Yao nor McGrady is going anywhere, even for LeBron

284 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Speaking of the Bulls purly. Pippen didn't make all NBA team for nothing. He's a great defensive player. Don't forget about Rodman. When you trade Yao for Lebron. Who's going to back up Deke for 30 mins?

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

HAHA! OK. You only trade big for small when you already have a legendary center, and a great young PF on the bench. Happy?

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gem of the month.

Never mind LeBron's numbers this year, age 20 best Francis' CAREER bests in points, rebounds, assists, FG%, steals, blocks, while Francis has one season better than LeBron's current turnover and 3P% numbers.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

That's speaking too soon. Talent alone won't win you anything. You would need character and lots of luck to be that super successful. Let's talk about comparing to MJ after a couple of rings for LBJ. Same sentiment goes for Yao, before he brings us in the finals, don't start to compare him with those all greats.

It could be just my bias. I don't really like LeBron. Yes, he has super talent, and a unbelievable strong body for a 20 years age kid. Well, sometimes too good to be true, is usually not true:) But joking aside. My feeling is that LeBron is a product made for NBA business. His talk, gesture, everything is taught and well-trained. Somehow, I just feel it so fake. But I could easily be wrong. We'll see.

5. Toast

Toast Member

I'd entertain the idea for sure. Dunno if anything could be worked out, but you'd have to consider it if approached.

LeBron James is simply a joy to watch on the court, even when he's kicking your ass.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Tmac > LeBron
    Yao <> LeBron

Our direction is set, we need role players. Lock the thread.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Clearly you have to have other solid role players. But that is the case right now, too.

If I had to pick any 2 players to start a team with right now, Lebron would definitely be one of them.

The Cavs tank-job is troubling, but should only harden Lebron's understanding of the professional game and what it takes to win.

I'm not saying T-Mac is that other player, but he is ahead of Yao. It would still be tempting to go with Shaq as player 2, but at the end of the day I'd probably have to pick Tim Duncan. A proven winner, but much younger.

8. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Hi NUMBERS!

TMac's numbers were much, much greater last two years in Orlando Magic. "If healthy" (for both) TMac >>> LeBJ

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

TMac is a tad better than LeBron now. But LeBron clearly has more potential and is much younger. Trading TMac for LeBron is a no-brainer, imo.

Yao is more tricky. Unlike TMac (who I believe has peaked), Yao still has unrealized potential. And how much that potential is is still quite unclear. Trading Yao for LeBron could be the biggest steal or could be one of the biggest regrets. It's a gamble at very high stake.

Also, there is the so-called character issue. We know Yao is a team player. We also know TMac is a team player. When I say "team player" I don't just mean playing style. I mean a team-first mindset. I don't know LeBron enough to judge him yet. I hate big ego self-important superstars.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

LeBron and Tmac coexist on one team. One of them needs to shrink his ego by 10x and the other by 5x.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wow, the bandwagon is filling up for LeBron. Until he prove he can make it to playoff, he hasnt been in the playoff yet, and you have good supporting cast around you. I am not buying leBron's stock right now.

12. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Exactly. I'm going to short LeBJ's stock if I could.

13. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Whether Yao or TMac, you do either trade. Realistically, you'd have to probably throw in something extra for either trade because LeBron is already that good and still hasn't tapped his full potential. So if you're the Rockets, and you can get LeBron for any combination other than Yao+TMac that does not completely deplete your roster, you do it. And if you're worried that having both LeBron and TMac on the same team would cancel each other out, you trade TMac for a star PF or C and you have a real dynasty. But none of these things are going to happen.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

I maintain cash position on him. :D

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You must not watch the NBA that much.

1) Winners have ego's, they are usually big. Name me one championship team who didnt have star player with big ego?

2) T-Mac and Lebron are 2 of the most selfless superstars in the game today.

Ego would not be an issue. They would play off each other extremely well. They key would be to surround them with the right cast.

No, Lebron hasn't made any playoffs yet, but Yao and T-Mac aren't exactly leading the world in playoff experience. Since the question is would you trade one of them 2 for Lebron, and not would you trade Tim Duncan for Lebron, that's the comparison being made.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'm so tired of these stupid atheletes demanding a trade everytime they dont get their way. he's been in the league what 2 years and already he complaining about how rough life is without getting to the playoffs? Hey lebron, last time I checked you have a Center whos supposedly better than yao (just ask your fans, they'll be more than happy to tell you), a young PF who's averaging close to a double double and Mcinnis who's 14 and 6. And plus you have yourself, the gratest playersince MJ to step on the court. Maybe the problem isn't the organization, maybe its you. At age 20, and only in his second year in the NBA, MeBron has already developed this attitude which took Vince and Tmac at least 3 or 4 years of suffering before demanding a trade. Does anyone really want this guy on any team?

You want a guy who will try to become a winner, not b**** and moan to get to a better team. But then I keep forgetting we're talking about the greatest player in the world since Jordan, the guy is effing special he can't even do 4 measly dunks for his adoring peons at the Dunk contest

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

you know why People are all up on Mebron?

it's like a guy whohas a gf hes been with for a few years, she cooks for him, has sex with him constantly, and clans the house too while never being a total b****, making him the envy of all his friends. yet suddenly some chick comes along who's just as hot as his current gf, and the guy falls over himself trying to cheat on his gf with her. WHy does he do this even though he already seemingly has the perfect GF?

Cuz it's new p***y, and thats what Mebron is, new p***y.

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

HAHA!!!

Mebron?!?!?!?!?!

That's a new take on an old alter ego.

Lebron isn't the one asking for a trade or complaining about the team, it's everyone else speculating about what's going on in his head. Read through that article and you will see that all he says is that he doesn't understand why Jeff McInnis is being benched. What's the big deal? Isn't everyone else wondering the same thing?

HAHA!! Mebron. That was good.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Your IQ must be this high in order to post
    [​IMG]

20. New Jack

New Jack Member

First it was MeMac. Now MeBron. I'm sure Kobme is coming up soon.

You remind me of that David Spade commercial where he attaches the word 'no' to every word.