1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron stayed w the Cleveland Cavs, would he have made it to The Finals this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, May 30, 2011.

?

Would The Cleveland Cavaliers be in da Finals right now?

1. Yes

19.2%
  2. No

80.8%
  1. ApuN

ApuN Member

How do you quit with a triple double??

I guess Rose quit this year because he got shut down in an elimination game.

2. amaru

amaru Member

What ifs......lol

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He was honset. He never said he was resigning in Cleveland. He said he would go through the free agent process and make a decision, which he did. Granted, he seemed like a pompous ass in "The Decision". But he was never dishonest about anything.

4. dback816

dback816 Member

Oh boy here we go again.

Don't you people feel embarrassed when you type this?

5. Steve_Francis_rules

So it's more "honest" to demand a trade to a specific team (and risk ruining your current team's season) while you are still receiving pay from your current team under a contract that both parties presumably signed in good faith than it is to have a TV show after you've entered free agency announcing which team you're going to be signing?

I guess I just have a different definition of "honest." My definition includes honoring your contract rather than mailing it in and being a total distraction because you've decided with a full year left that you're leaving.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Too hypothetical. If Lebron had re-upped with Cleveland, who knows what subsequent moves they would have been able to make to add more firepower. I think Cleveland's last season or two was a bit handicapped by James' refusal to commit -- free agents who would want to come and run with Lebron would be afraid to sign long-term and have James leave them behind. Things could have been very different in Cleveland if James had chosen a different path.

Lebron also mailed it in during his last playoff run in Cleveland.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

James gave Cleveland 3/4 years to put the right pieces around him....He tried , couldnt do it by himself,which no one can do, then jetted..... The only acquisition Cleveland did right by him at the time was Larry Hughes...No one expected that he would suck that bad.... All the other acquisitions were doomed from the start.... James was "all-in" so I dont think thats what kept FA's from going to Cleveland....He was there for the long-haul...But a man(young man at that) can only take so much disappointment time and time again......His supporting cast were people past their primes or didnt really have a prime to begin with....He made that city into the media powerhouse it was.... Cleveland didnt deserve him not vice versa

8. Steve_Francis_rules

For one game, IMO. I don't see how a guy who's mailing it in continues to put up the numbers he did, all while shutting down Paul Pierce.

9. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

No Impossible:eek:

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

How can he take a dump on Cleveland when he didn't even mention them in the decision? And even if he did, its still just a PR stunt, how does that compare to someone like say Kobe who actually got slapped with rape charges?

PR Stunt > Rape Allegations. Which is more a betrayal of fans? :rolleyes:

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Considering they already had 4 years to build around him and all they did was give him Larry Hughes and Ben Wallace I don't see what subsequent moves they could have done. The FA who didn't sign in Cleveland because James might leave is Trevor Ariza, he certainly woldn't have made that team a powerhouse. Worst thing that could happen for him is if he wasted his prime in Cleveland like what happened to Garnett and that pf before Griffin on the Clips.

What do you mean mailed it in? Lets see how well you do if you found out West was banging your mom and the whole team kept it from you. :rolleyes:
    I love how guys like act like there wasn't a legit reason for James acting up, and besides even in his final game he still put a ridiculous statline: 27 pts, 10 assists 19 rebs. That's mailing it in? You guys crack me up.

In contrast he held Paul Pierce to a measley 13 pts on 30% shooting, and somehow LBJ mailed it in while Pierce put in maximum effort.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Dude... why do you talk like that? Is that your gimmick?