1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If i hear one phone call on houston sports radio about the texans tommorow

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Harden2Capela, Oct 6, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

610 is actually OK to me ever since they took Vadameer off the air. Since he was their play by play guy he never had anything critical to say about the texans and it got old so fast. Still, they air him interviewing texans staff and his interviews are a bore fest. All same old crap, easy questions that he knows won't piss off rick smith and the staff.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. 610 has gotten better lately. Nick and Lopez don't give a damn and will bash the Texans. Pretty much all will unless its the Texans All Access with Vandy.

Anyway, Astros and Rockets are the talk of the city from here. I know it's a football city but seriously they won't be making huge noise until a real qb comes and develops. I give the Texans 3 years before they become a real team.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I've seen on their snapchat how stupid the questions are. They seriously do "would you rather" stuff that a 10 year old could've written, then give whoever they're interviewing a gift basket at the end. It's so cheesy and cringe-worthy. Tbh it's a little embarrassing to be a Texans fan; too much of an Aggie vibe.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yeah, it's like the last 5 minutes of an episode of Full House where the Dad is trying to tell his daughters that they made a mistake but he still loves them. Then they hug at the end and cry it out.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I heard 610 bashing the Texans this morning and had to check my dial to make sure it was actually 610.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You really laughed out loud? I have a 15-20 minute drive to work. 790 in the mornings I can live with. Hope you laugh out loud again, laughing is healthy.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

It doesnt all have to be negative right now, enjoy the Stros. Plus I think people overreact with the Texans talk. All 3 teams get equal time, believe or not Astros are getting more talk right now than you believe.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

uhhh..no. Football is the only sport in town that has entire shows devoted to it. In the Trenches on 790...the 610 Texan slobber fest....there is nothing comparable to that for baseball or basketball here in Houston.

I'm not complaining...doesn't really matter to me. The NFL is a monster, and that's just the way it is.

But in no way do all 3 teams get equal time in this city.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I heard that too this morning. I have no problem with them shoehorning the Texans into the conversation if it's with the intent to juxtapose that organization's pathetic track record with the Astros'(and Rockets' for that matter).

The Stros may have tanked for several seasons, but at least now they have something to show for it. And the Rockets took the opposite approach by never tanking, but a lot of their playoff struggles in the Morey era can be chalked up to injuries(2008 & 2009) rather than bad management(which was an issue during the latter stages of the Rudy/CD regime). And like the Stros, they now have something to show for their lengthy non-tanking rebuilding process. I have no idea what the Texans' plan is or if they even have one.

10. Buck Turgidson

"I don't want to hear any Texans talk on the radio this morning! I better start a thread in an Astros forum where people can talk about the Texans!" ;)

11. E-Man

E-Man Member

I listen to 790 in the morning but the morning show is horrible. I can't stand Lance & Adam. I rather listen to Matt Thomas & Charlie P. from 11-6 for all my Astros / Rockets talk.

12. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

its been all astros this morning

13. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

jk...back to Texans now -_-

14. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

A lot of that arrogance comes from John McClain. I can't stand the culture of the Texans org, and Hard Knocks really exposed it.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes, I literally LOL anytime I think of someone wasting 15-20 seconds, much less 15-20 minutes listening to semi-literate morons calling to talk to two guys whose maturity level is equal to that of a 12-year-old kid. And not that cool 12-year-old kid getting BJs after basketball practice like I was.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Besides dont listen to 610, simple. They are the flagship station of the Texans, 790 is where its been at ALL year. Club Astros has been lit since Monday lol.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Wait, are we talking about 790 or Clutchfans?

BTW- What was his name?

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's been a while and I forgot your mom's name.

(gay joke, so trendy!)

:)

20. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I've almost beat my head in on the steering wheel because they won't shut up about Texans offseason while the Rockets (and now Astros) are in the flipping playoffs! It's frustrating that this thread has to exist, but that's the sad sports talk radio world in which we reside.