1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I am the astros, I would trade Springer

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Aug 19, 2016.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

YOU thought he was ready on April 25th. After he had the bad start YOU said he wasn't ready and that YOU called it.

After his minor league success, he was as ready as any other prospect in the entire minor league (regardless of organization). Him having a miserable start did not change that fact. Him being sent back down would not have made him a better player. It has thus far been proven that keeping him in the lineup was a wise decision.

Since you issued your post on August 2, Bregman has hit over .290 with around a .500 slugging percentage and has continued to play a very good third base. Glad you are not the Astros.

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Some people..... just aren't very good at talking about baseball.

3. what

what Member

the homerism is breathless here. Really? the entire minor league? Can he also leap a building with a single bound?

again, you seem to want to paint the idea that I either have to support him unconditionally, good and bad, or I am a fraud if I even mention that he is playing well.

4. Nook

Nook Member

That isn't homerism.... Bregman was the #1 prospect in baseball and at 22 years old was widely considered the best and most ready prospect in baseball.

FWIW he is hitting 333 after the 2 for 28 start. Defensively he is very good as well. I don't know how good he will ultimately be but after an awful start, he has not been over matched in the big leagues and has hit tough pitchers well. That bodes well for his future.

5. bobrek

If you read my post I said that Bregman was as ready as any other minor leaguer. Did I say he was the best minor leaguer - no. How is that homerism? Every GM in baseball would agree with me.

You can jump on and off bandwagons all you want, but to say he was ready on 04/25 and then to say he wasn't a few months later is fine...it is when you say that you "called it" that any semblance of rationale thought you may have had flies out the window.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I have a new favorite poster, and his name is What. What What says makes sense, what I don't understand is what What said that the rest of you posers could possibly disagree with? What What has done this morning is what What should be doing more often on this forum, so what's the harm? What specifically is wrong with what What said? What can What do to open your eyes to what is really wrong with this team? What we need is pitching. What What is called for is better pitching. Hard to argue with it. Great post, What. Repped!

7. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he said that Springer is easily replceable while Bregman is a foundational piece only weeks after stating that Bregman needed to be sent down.

Of course we need pitching, but not at the expense of a top 10 AL WAR positional player.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

What a nice post for what.

9. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I think what is kind of dumb

10. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

My FAVORITE what thread.

You sir are a ****ing moron.

@Pen15clubber

megastahr, Tfor3 and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Holy hell @what is a moron :eek::eek:

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

What a ****ing dumb ass... Glad you aren't the Astros GM.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

to be fair, he's a grizzlies fan

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

So many lolz in this post.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If you are the Astros, you’d be reigning World Series champions!

BigM and Houstunna like this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

And Old Oliers

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I said a Springer for Harvey deal made sense for both teams

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

What a thread!

19. bobrek

What would also trade Kyle Tucker and Martes for Austin Hedges:

spent a few hours researching this. The name I came up with: Austin Hedges. It's going to take a haul to get this guy. I'm thinking Kyle Tucker for starters. And I wouldn't hesitate to do that, either. Maybe more than Kyle Tucker at this point. We might have to give them Martes as well. It's going to take a lot. But I do feel that the Padres would be open to dealing him for the right haul.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-what-the-astros-should-do-at-catcher.277396/

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I was actually on board with trading Springer. Obviously now, that looks ridiculously stupid.

At most the Astros will be able to keep 3/4 of their offensive core. Springer would be the guy I would let go of first, but he may be willing to take a pay cut to stay here.