1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Howard could pick any 2 other guys (excluding Lebron, KD and CP3) to form a "big 3" w/ the next 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 21, 2014.

1. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Paul George and Stephen Curry

2. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

This.

Curry, best 3 point shooter and a VERY good playmaker. Can run the floor with Dwight
    LMA, mid-range game is money, allows Dwight to take over in post and also spaces the floor better

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We know there's nothing he wants more than a pass 1st point guard that can create shots for him (Paul). We also know he loves to post up (needs spacing). We know he wants to be the man.

I imagine he'd still want Deron Williams. Then, maybe Noah who can take pressure off of him and pass him the ball. Or maybe Dirk or Bosh to create space. Maybe even Curry alongside Williams.

Yeah, I think he'd build a mediocre team like that and try to carry it.

He doesn't want LMA shooting 19 jumpers, Kevin Love grabbing 17 rebounds or Durant getting to the line 14 times.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If DWIGHT could choose,this is simple.

5. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Only a few people seem to realize that Dwight chose Harden over Curry last year, if he wanted to play with Curry so badly.. he would be in GS right now, not Houston.. I would think the other guy would be Love, because he can space the floor and Rebound.. if not him I would say Paul George

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Good choices but I'd still go with Stephen Curry and Paul George first. Those two would be my secondary....

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

^^^^^

Dwight chose Harden last year, over the likes of Curry and Nowitzki.

[​IMG]

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

9. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Harden & Anthony Davis

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dwight chose Kevin McHale, not Harden.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

love/rondo

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Aldridge will be a great addition to the Rockets! It is almost like a guaranteed contender to the championship. As long as Harden will suit up and perform his position and rack a 22+ points in order to get there!
    :mad:

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Love and Westbrook (too bad Rose is not healthy)

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Harden would obviously be up there because he chose Houston, who is #2?

15. platypus

platypus Member

Doesn't Dwight need to choose only one player to form a big 3. Or are you being an idiot and implying that James Harden is not a star player.

Terrible thread.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just Carl Herrera continuing his anti-Harden crusade.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This....

DD used to get a lot of heat around here. I gotta say Carl's threads are beyond worse then what DD would post.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't get some of you guys. You talk about how the topics of some threads are not worth discussing and should not be posted on Clutchfans, yet you spend time replying to these threads and keeping them at the top of the front page.

1. If thread's topic is a waste of time, why waste even more of your time typing out replies to it?

2. If you think that there are ideas and news items that should be discussed on GARM or whatever instead of the topic of a particular thread, then it would seem more logical for you to spend the time that you currently spend replying to the threads that you deem unworthy instead replying to threads about the interesting ideas and topics or making such threads if such threads don't exist already.

3. The mechanics of this forum and many others is such that a thread disappears from the front page if nobody reads/replies to it as new threads are made. If you actually want what you deem a "bad thread" to disappear from the community's view, hitting reply to it is totally counterproductive.

4. If there are people actually discussing a topic that you don't like, then apparently some members of this internet community are interested in talking about different things than you do. And if there are people who want to discuss something, then maybe that discussion has a place here even if you personally doesn't have interest. It's up to you whether to ignore them, join in that discussion, find something else to do with your time, or whatever.

Evidentially, some of you guys just enjoy spending your time complaining about GARM threads and other people's discussion as oppose to discussing other topics (like game action and roster moves) or doing whatever else with your time (playing pick-up basketball, kissing babies, hugging fat girls, the possibilities are endless). And that's fine by me. Just understand that this is what you are doing.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

The question was who would HOWARD pick, I can't read dude's mind but I would take a wild guess:

Harden (since he picked Houston to come and play) and Josh Smith (because they are supposedly good friends).

Who would I pick to play with Howard?
    David West and Stephen Curry