1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If he is available next year, do we go after Romo?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by nigma2000, Nov 13, 2016.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He wouldn't survive the first scrimmage...

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what salary you are talking on top of those two no. 1 picks, but remember how Dallas got so fat years ago? Minnesota gave them all those draft picks for Herschel Walker, and it turned out to be the dumbest move ever? Dallas is sure to make out big again by their smart scouting of Dak, and getting a good quarterback for nothing. If they get a couple 1st round picks out of Romo then I hope it is someone else giving up their future for him and not us. I doubt if Bob wants to give Jerry that satisfaction, do you?

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

DO IT RICK!

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

His press conference was just him reading a statement about how he knows he lost his job and is endorsing Prescott as the starter

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

everybody is praising him. i found that to be utterly bizarre and a bit self-absorbed. like they need his permission to stick with dak or something. call a press conference and write a speech for that? weird.

i've never liked tony romo, but i'd welcome him with open arms on this team next year. but we all know it's gonna be brock till about week 8, then they'll finally give savage a chance.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The Texans Oline struggles are overblown by how long Brock holds onto the ball and his poor pocket presence. Same issue we had with Carr as well. Bad QB's make the line look worse than it is.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how someone could watch the games and think that the QB was holding on to the ball too long given how little time there is before he's pressured on damn near every down. In fact, he often gets criticized for getting rid of the ball too soon occasionally when the O line gives him more than a second to hold on to the ball.

Svpernaut likes this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'll give them Corey Brewer for Tony Romo. That's about it.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Brock's gonna show me the money even if I have to ride his ass like zorro. Ya knowwww?

11. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Ive wanted Romo for forever. If only we werent stuck with Brock for another year...

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Makes even more sense to draft DeShaun Watson if he falls. Word is, he doesn't have a 1st round grade.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Lol at Romo adding all the drama of a fallen god at his presser. Think he did the right thing to address it, reconnecting the locker room, but I mean it was little over the top dramatic. I like the attempt though as it was more interesting to listen to, like a novel or poem, but too much.

Although the right move for the cowboys due to age, I think the wrong move. They barely beat an average Steeler team to put in perspective. I don't see anything special here. Seen to many times teams put false hope into a backup qb, only to fail in the playoffs a-la Rob Johnson, or Cody Carlson, or others. Romo is the better play as he's had runs like this many times before and is experienced. Yep. He fails in the playoffs. But think he is the better qb and if the Cowboys are indeed special, they can do all of this when Romo retires. But done is done.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I kind of, mostly agree... But by doing that, he puts team first and stops what I'm sure were growing questions and speculation that could, if left unchecked, derail a team.

If they could guarantee his health, I'd take Tony Romo is a heartbeat. But, man.... with his history of injury, I don't think I'd go anywhere near him.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

yeah, i'd expect him to get injured. i'd be more than willing to throw the hail mary at the qb position with the spot this team is in though.

feel dumb saying it since i've never liked him and have always maintained the cowboys will never go anywhere with him at qb, but brock is the worst i've ever seen, the rest of our team is borderline loaded (with a healthy watt), and i don't want our next change at qb to be an insignificant upgrade, like savage. i'd be all for swinging for the fences and praying his brittle bones can make it through the season without snapping, however minuscule those chances may be.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Only if they spend their first two or three draft picks on offensive linemen.

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Learn to watch game tape, and try to keep count of how many times our play fakes have not worked this year. PROTIP: Our offense revolves around the run and the passing opportunities play fakes create.

18. Svpernaut

This may be the dumbest thing in all of these Texans bashing threads. Congrats!

Because they know nothing about the game of football, but what PFF tells them.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I think the cowboys see the Bradford trade to the Vikings as a starting point in terms of compensation; at least a 1st and a 4th

20. Svpernaut

No way Romo is worth that much - he's 36 years old, Bradford is only 29.