1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if harden doesn't light it up tonight and lead us to a win against the dubs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Head to head doesn't decide the MVP race.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I can't wait until Curry wins the MVP and the Rockets meet the Warriors in the WCF where James destroys Curry in the post and the Rockets dominate the series. Patrick Beverely will later recall to the media that right before game 1 he heard James say "that's my trophy" as he glares at Curry holding the MVP trophy. Bev will follow up with "I aint never heard Beard talk mess before".

or something like that

3. HTM

HTM Member

lol yea... we should base who gets the MVP off of 2 games... great point OP

troll

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Why do people keep thinking we only play the Warriors two times this year? :confused:

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Because in your OP, you appear to be specifically evaluating the Curry vs. Harden debate based on the last game (where Harden only scored 12 points) and whatever happens tonight.

6. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

You mean the part where he said Harden should take the last 3 losses personally?

7. dream2franchise

How about his team mates make it difficult to commit multiple defenders to Harden in order to free him up some?

Certainly works for Curry.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Screw the Warriors and Curry. The Warriors remind me alot of our team last season. I don't see their style of play translating to playoff success. What I do however envy is that they have the multiple people to create for themselves and others. This is why i would love for us to get someone at the point to help Harden and Ariza. Harden can only do so much. Relying on jason Terry and Beverly at that position is a little scary to me.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Looks like 8. Though to be fair -- GSW's scoring is a lot more balanced, and they're usually blowing teams out by Q4, so he doesn't play nearly as many minutes as Harden (or the rest of our starters, really). There are a bunch of games where he hasn't even played 30 minutes.

10. KlutchQT

I'm pretty sure OP is a TMac only fan. Certainly not a fan of this current squad.

11. Mr Chuck Norris

How do people don't realize this guy is a troll yet. Have you seen his post history? And his hard-on for "chandsome"

12. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

They play the same amount of 4th quarter minutes. As you saw in the last game in Houston, Kerr doesn't necessarily sit Curry in blowouts.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Both are pointless.
    One gives us hope going forward though and that is having the best player in the league.

14. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The Warriors are favored by 8 points. Dallas is favored by 9.5 points vs Minnesota. It would be an upset if the Rockets won.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

then why do i keep going to so many games this year? :confused:

16. KlutchQT

Curry averages 32 minutes a game to Harden's 36... not sure what 4th quarter minutes have to do with anything. He doesn't "necessarily" sit in blowouts, but he has done so in plenty of games, which is how he has those nights where he plays just 24-26 minutes. This isn't a knock on Harden at all -- it's just something I think you have to take into account when you compare per-game stats, that's all.

17. KlutchQT

To come here and troll, apparently? :confused: I mean, whatever gets you going, but the schtick is pretty boring at this point, tbh.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We season swept the Spurs not long ago. Bow down Spurs... :grin:

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

give curry the MVP

20. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

THIS.