1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if harden doesn't light it up tonight and lead us to a win against the dubs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% correct.

I have said this many, many times, but for the Rockets to take it to the next level, they are going to have to have a secondary playmaker. Maybe that is a PG, maybe it is another position, but they need that 2nd playmaker.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Let's be honest here, we know very well people around here would be jumping up and down, if it were the Rockets sweeping the season series with the Warriors, and Harden had superior numbers in those games. It would be used as "evidence" that Harden should be MVP over Curry.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I prefer Harden to be the "Joe Flacco" of the NBA. Which means he should be decent in the regular season, but should be a beast in the playoffs and be NBA finals MVP.

4. onreego

onreego Member

Actually the team needs to play well as a team. The only way that Harden goes off is if the rest of the team is actually a threat.

I will say though, if the game is close in the final minutes, then Harden will NEED to take over if he is the MVP.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm sorry. But this is awful logic.

For the record, I think Curry will win MVP. The media just seems to like him a lot better. And I honestly could care less whether or not Harden wins the MVP...during the regular season. Because it's just that, the regular season.

But to say that he should be eliminated from consideration because of one game is ridiculous. Sure, you could argue that it would be more than one game because he had a bad game against them just a couple of days ago. But his outburst against the Pacers for 45 points on only 18 shots kind of kills that.

Again, I don't care if Harden wins the MVP or not. But it is a regular season award. The regular season is 82 games. During 82 games, every player will have several mediocre or even bad games, even the players who win multiple MVP's. You can't say Harden should be eliminated because of one bad game.

6. Lando

Lando Member

@ op, GTFO

He can have the regular season mvp as long as Harden gets the finals mvp

we can hope right

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

ummm. who the f cares which is the better SG???

Don't you want the better TEAM?

Klay can "out-stat" James any night, I could care less as long as we pull out a W. He can start all-star games, win MVP trophies, I could care less. What I want is a W from the Rockets and a title chance in view.

James is already a tremendous player, and regular season "matchups" don't mean a thing. Didn't we sweep Portland last year in the reg season and lost 4-2 in playoffs? Didn't we either sweep or go 3-4 vs Warriors last season?

So what, we were heavily injured first 2 games vs them this year, then got spanked in the 2nd half of this last weekend's matchup and tonight...while it will mean a lot to either team and their fans, still means NOTHING except playoff seeding.

I want a W, but after last year's loss to POR... anything can happen. We just need to be healthy and ready come playoff time. We're not missing it, and the West is WIDE open. The W's are playing really well, but until this last week they had played 4-5 less games up to this point than other W conference teams! Thats like a week+ worth of games that gave them more rest/practice than other competitors, and will be squeezed back into their schedule soon.

Yes, I do think that is relevant.

The Warriors are beatable, and any team in the Western Conference can beat any other. I just don't want to face the Clippers because we can't EVER seem to beat them lol.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

3-1 sorry

9. onreego

onreego Member

I don't understand this logic. If he plays on a better team, that means he can be more efficient and put up good numbers because the defense can't focus in on him. Everyone is a threat on that team. So he sees much less coverage than Harden does.

So if you think about it Harden works much harder to get his stats while still being pretty efficient on a team with less talent. Averaging 7 assist is tougher on this team than it would be on the Warriors.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who cares about MVP, I just want to win the game and put some pressure on the Warriors and the rest of the West.

If anything, McHale needs to make things easier on Harden defensively and put him on GSW SF instead of Klay. Start Brewer so he can guard Klay and have Ariza guard Curry.

Bev should come off the bench.

11. NotChandlerParsons

If Harden doesn't carry us through EVERY SINGLE GAME he is not the MVP. Under no circumstances should the coach or Dwight be expected to do anything.

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

Exactly, James is doing everything. Someone should help him offensively.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

12 game win streak leading to the all-star game coming up, BOOM!

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

how many 30 point games does curry have?

15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

:eek::eek::eek::grin::grin:

16. j3i

j3i Member

Really the head to head (if it can even be classified as that) will only matter if it's a close enough race. We'll see where things are at the end of the regular season.

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I agree that Harden should fire up tonight.

But season sweep? It's embarrassing, but nothing more than that. Last year we swept Spurs. But Spurs won the rings. Who cared Rockets swept the Spurs?

18. alethios

alethios Member

Dwight needs to beast to take the pressure off Harden to carry the offense. There should be no reason, other than injury, for Dwight to not own take ownership.

Cut out the turnovers and our defense needs to engage beast mode, too. We can beat this team.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bunch of ungrateful fans. A young superstar lands on our laps with multiple games this year showing how truly special he is, and now we are going to demand his head on a platter if he does not deliver.

SMFH...

At the very least wait for Morey to complete the finish touches to round up this roster before passing judgment.

20. dragician

dragician Member

100% agree.

But in order to win tonight, we need to limit Josh Cancer Smith's playing time unless he primarily wants to play defense.