1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if harden doesn't light it up tonight and lead us to a win against the dubs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

He plays on a much better team and still puts up those gaudy numbers.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Go rewatch those other games. Klay did not defend Harden the same way he did last game. Also, Canaan had a really nice game last time we played them at home. The threat of someone else who can drive and kick makes a big difference in how much they can focus on Harden.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, it's basically a trend with the coaching... He's probably like "Harden is off tonight, let's just play better the next game and not try any adjustments because those just make the game last longer!! Oh this is the playoffs now?? Well, next year then, I already got my 3 year extension, after all Les only likes the reg season and I'm really good at that!"

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Go watch Westbrook and Waters face guarding him. Just as good as Thompson if not better.

1 person likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

you forgot dwight howard, the "best center in the league."

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

OKC tried defending him straight up a LOT of that game, first with Roberson, then with Waiters. He cooked them both. Klay largely took away his ability to go left and refused to foul him. Not even comparable.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The best defensive center for sure.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Maybe Curry will win the MVP, it not that big of a deal. Curry and Harden are both terrific players, and I'm perfectly happy having Harden on the Rockets.

I just want the Rockets to continue building chemistry. Golden state has had the same core of players for a couple of years now, and I think it shows. With the Rockets, it's always players coming and going. I think the Rockets can improve by the end of the season, just by having time to gel a little bit.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, I don't think the sky is falling, and I will continue to watch them. I'm just going to start expecting less. It's been so long since Houston did anything that it would have been better to tank some of those years with Yao/TMac if it meant getting passed the first round and extending their careers. They basically played for the regular season.

Now it's starting to look like a repeat, I didn't expect Harden to get passed OKC that first year, I did however expect them to beat Portland, and if you think Houston is going to do anything with what they've shown this first half of the season, then I'd say you need to watch more games. We've had like 14 years of this mediocre garbage. Good enough to make the playoffs but bad enough to go home after the first round (I know Yao got out of first round once, see first comment).

This team came into the league in the 70s, made the finals 2x in the 80s, 2x in the 90s (2 wins), and absolutely nothing since then. I mean if you like regular season basketball and don't like the excitement of the playoffs, then yes, Houston is playing awesome. They either need to get their **** together against the better teams that have winning records, or make a move with a trade for another playmaker that the coach will play (w/ Harden/Howard). I also think they need to be careful on moving too many players for this trade, I mean ****ing Morey has made some great moves, but he's also gutted his teams in doing so, and it's like we never have players last on the team. It's like he's managing this team like it's fantasy football or an NBA video game, forget team chemistry because there's no stat for that.

10. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

We've had multiple players out with injuries for extended periods of time at the beginning of the season (including Howard who has missed 12 games). Had the whole team been healthy, including Jones, for the whole season... We'd have a much better record. Not to mention incorporating 2 new players, Brewer & Smith, in the middle of the season. Win or lose tnite, SHOULD NOT determine if Curry should be MVP over Harden. Just my opinion...

11. reliableman

reliableman Member

I see the point but the statement above echos many others.

Thompson does good so, Curry deserves MVP???

I get that GSW have the best record in the league but as already stated, Curry has a ton of help. Basically a lot of you saying Harden is doing it himself while Steph has more help. What are the criteria for MVP again? :confused:

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

wow, OP, way to support our guy :eek:

diss him after the game if you need to, but before going to war, he needs to know everyone supports him

1 person likes this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Less comparable - going 6-8 on 3 pointers and going 0-4.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I do think Harden definitely deserves MVP consideration, being that he's the reason they have the record they do, without him this team is out of the playoffs.

Unfortunately with this team when players have come back from injury it hasn't helped as expected. The Spurs were having more injuries than us and are starting to come together with players returning, and gearing up for the 2nd half push, with us it's like the coach/players have trouble incorporating players returning. I mean Howard said he's still hurt, but when he came back in some instances the Rockets have played worse. They need to figure out how to incorporate both harden and Howard effectively at the same time. It's like because there's only one basketball when one does good the other player suffers.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What if Harden gets zero points tonight but then averaged 35 the rest of the year?

MVP or nah?

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

MVP for sure. I think regardless of tonight Harden is the MVP, because without him this team would be in the bottom of the Western Conference.

17. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Swyyguy is like that dude who's never been to New York who sports a yankees cap, yet started pimping out the Red and Gold 'Stros hat when they were a hot commodity.

1 person likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't know whether Curry or Harden is clearly the better player, but to say the MVP should be determined by head-to-head stats in 2 regular season games alone is ludicrous.

19. baubo

baubo Member

While it would be awesome if Harden wins MVP, hardly a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It's much more important that he performs in the playoffs.

Let's not forget Hakeem Olajuwon in 1995 regular season against the Spurs

Rockets 1-3 record
    Dream's shooting, 10-24, 8-19, 15-34, 21-35
    Robinson MVP award rubbing it into Hakeem's face in the WCFs
    And rest is history

If Curry winning MVP means Harden gets more motivated in the playoffs? All the better.

20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

lol clearly weighing 1 game absolutely in the first half of the season (for a full season long award) is being an anti-homer and a realistic fan.