1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If given the chance to land Iggy, perhaps its time to trade Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chronz, Jan 3, 2010.

1. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

This is why i love clutchfans. Always looking at the Rockets side and not the other teams side. Why on earth would Philly do this trade?? When proposing a trade its best if you think of a realistic one and not fantasy trade.

2. albuster

albuster Member

Great trade if Scola is not included. Keep your hands off of Scola.

3. albuster

albuster Member

Keep your hands off of Battier and Scola!!

4. albuster

albuster Member

Like the Cavs have won a championship with the great hype James.

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Even if the 76ers decide to screw up their nucleus, they can get better assets in return from Miami.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think it's funny when people claim there's no way Morey would do a potential deal with merit, as in the one in the OP.

That said, there's no way we trade Ariza: it would make the Rockets look bad in the eyes of future FAs. We signed him for 5 years and promised him a chance to develop and expand his game, trading him halfway through his first year would make us look really bad. Shane goes before Trevor.

The Heat? What? Besides Beasley, what assets would you want from the Heat? Their PG Chalmers who got demoted this year and lost his job to Arroyo? Expiring Haslem? Struggling Cook? The Heat's only true asset, besides their expiring contracts, is Beasley -- and I doubt they move him, as presently they can offer 2 FAs the max (Wade/Beasley/Max FA is a solid core.. and scary core if that FA is LeBron)

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If Heat could acquire Iggy, Spreights AND Young IMO they would take on Brands contract and give up on Beasley.

But even if they don't, i doubt the 76ers would want to be stuck with another long term contract in Ariza, so Chalmers and Cook may look nice to them.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They said that last year and probably thought that for years and yet we havent seen this predatory mindset take hold and grab guys have we. Talking and doing are totally different. I don't know if the 76ers are losing money or not. I can bet you it has less to do with paid attendence though . If it did, what do you think trading their 2 best young player in iggy and young plus speights will do for attendence. I'm not saying guys aren't in play, i was talking in particular with the thread starter thinking they are going to give away the farm and house for 10m in capspace. Lets not be foolish either, they hit on that high lotto pick like portland did with Roy, then what? They want to dump brand and dalembert not young and speights.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Chalmers and Cook suck. Sorry to burst your bubble. Chalmers lost the starting job to freakin Carlos Arroyo, and Cook has been buried on the bench since the end of the last year.

And no, the Heat wouldn't do that trade. They have enough room this summer to sign TWO max free agents, and Wade hasn't shutup about LeBron playing with him all year. If there's a chance you can pair Wade with LeBron, you don't do anything to jeopardize it. You especially don't take on Brand, who would make it hard for them to even sign Wade. This trade would be trading their future (Beasley) and cap space for two PFs and two SFs.

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I don't care that they suck? IF the Sixers want to start over they won't be taking Ariza back OR giving away all 3 of Iggy, Spreights and Young in one package.

11. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

I'm a huge Rox fan but I play the 76ers in NBA 2k, they're just fun & overpowering to play. Iggy and Young can pretty much dunk over the entire opposing team in the game, plus Iggy does do that in real life and I'd LOVE to see that happen with the Rockets, lol.

12. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

That's exactly why it's called CLUTCHFANS.net. To know whether or not Philly would do this, go checkout 76ers' fan site, lol

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

And they definitely do not want to give up their young players (for the most part). They hated this deal I proposed:

Rockets send: McGrady, Jermaine Taylor, Brian Cook
    Rockets receive: Iguodala, Speights, Kenny Thomas, Brezec

Sixers send: Iguodala, Speights, Dalembert
    Sixers receive: McGrady, Cook, Sergio Rodriguez, Jermaine Taylor

Kings send: Kenny Thomas, Sergio Rodriguez
    Kings receive: Dalembert, Houston 1st Round Pick

How do you all like the trade?

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Fixed.

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I don't think the Rockets are going to trade Ariza, a young talent they just signed and with whom they're winning. But I do think of all the trade ideas floating around, Iggy is the one I'd like to see the most. He makes sense from a position standpoint, unlike many of these ideas that would bring in yet another power forward when the Rockets don't need one, and he makes sense in terms of fitting in with the team. He's the right kind of player, and he could significantly improve the team.

16. Chronz

Chronz Member

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to see

Aaron Brooks with Iggy and Trevor running the wings, in action...

I would trade a ton to see that...

18. Chronz

Chronz Member

The reason Dalembert doesnt make sense is because they only have to wait out a year for him to become an expiring. Brands contract is the toxic one, but Morey wouldnt take Brand for JUST Iggy.

Brand+Young+Speights for Tmac + Cook
    OR
    Brand+Young+Speights+Dalembert for Tmac+Cook+_Insert5+Mill player

Sixers are one of the 2 teams I said needed to blow it up, the other being the Hornets.

19. Chronz

Chronz Member

Battier would have to go, unless you let them keep Thad Young+ Speights in which case it would be a Tmac+Cook for Iggy+Dalembert

And thats too much value to rid themselves of a 2 year deal. If you replaced Dalembert with Brand its too little talent for such a huge deal. I dare someone to find the perfect combination. Maybe by not robbing them of both their young prospects.

20. Chronz

Chronz Member

Philly does this because they are going nowhere and are in financial hell.

Iggy is the best player that can realistically be had for Tmac, now try and find a deal that reasonable to make it happen